question for apple folk

discom

Let's just say that hypothetically I have an interview for an Apple tech support job... what do I do to make them think that I really am passionate for apple?

also, I'm not anti-apple, i just dont own their products.

(edited)

If you know how to read... you got the job. At least that's what I think of many of them.

I'm sure you're tech savvy, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Many techs that I have talked to are very... how should I put it... stupid. The upper tier techs are a bit better, but still reading from their trouble shooting docs.

But, seriously... I think it's important that you're familiar with their products and lineup. At least with a customer's point of view. Try getting on a mac forum and browse and see what bothers them and what they like about their stuff. macrumors.com is a good one.

I hope you get in and actually help a caller.

Edited by shoot

(edited)

No no no, they have it all wrong, if you really want to show you are a mac enthusiast you have to wear a rainbow shirt to show you support the rainbow coalition, a pair of green overalls to show you support the hugging of trees, shoes made of hemp to show that you know what they do between calls and a hat that proclaims something bad about "The Evil Empire".

Otherwise the lame Jamaican guy that just got out of the Peace Corps will get it instead.

Edit: You better show up in a VW Minibus or it's pointless.

Edited by Preacher

GC Alumni
(edited)
...because it is so true.
considering your view on what is "truth," that carries a ton of weight.

exhibit a:

I see the global warming movement as more of a cult...since the topic is more political and less scientific, it gets traction.

ps - sorry it took me so long to reply. i was trying to figure out why this windows alternative (i.e. ubuntu) would have an add/remove programs whose only function is to tell me to use the package manager instead. here's a thought, why not axe the functionless add/remove programs and name the package manager "add/remove programs" to ease the transition for windows exiles? oh, right, because if it were easy, intuitive, and good looking, it'd be called a mac.

Edited by sj

You mean in the same way that a Mac has an add/remove? OH wait, Mac doesn't have that. You have to dig through that desktop icon and find the application that you want to remove and hopefully it removes it completely. Let's not get into installing an application. I also like how the delete key acts like the backspace key some of the time and then at other times (depending on application) acts as the Del key. That always gets me.

As for why you dragged politics in this, I really do not know. If you want to get into the absurdities of the man-made global warming cult, post up in the political section.

GC Alumni
(edited)

heh, that's rich.

adding programs: the graphic shows you what to do. drag icon to applications. drop. end of game.

removing programs: drag the application to the trash. removes all links, files, etc. end of game.

mac's don't steal bad ideas from microsoft. when's the last time you added a program through add/remove programs (assuming you have a windows box somewhere)?

politics drawn in just to demonstrate the isolated "reality" you live in, which goes back to you using a statement because (you believe) it's true, therefore it is true. (edit: also because its fun)

Edited by sj

I already checked best buy :)

Also, I didn't really apply for this job - they called me after getting my resume from someone else. I don't really care who i work for, i just need some extra cash right now. I also need more experience with customer support.

Anyways, I'm probably the opposite of a fanboy.. I'm not really loyal to anyone. I mostly just use what I get for free. My problem is that I need to get the employer to think that I am passionate for their products when in reality I'm not passionate for any company's stuff.

heh, that's rich.

adding programs: the graphic shows you what to do. drag icon to applications. drop. end of game.

removing programs: drag the application to the trash. removes all links, files, etc. end of game.

mac's don't steal bad ideas from microsoft. when's the last time you added a program through add/remove programs (assuming you have a windows box somewhere)?

politics drawn in just to demonstrate the isolated "reality" you live in, which goes back to you using a statement because (you believe) it's true, therefore it is true. (edit: also because its fun)

Is this where I return an insult at you and get banned for doing so? Nope, no need to prove the hypocrisy.

Disco, know the product before you interview.

Edited by ZeroDamage