Revised list

TheGeek

ya, you'll want the 512mb gts. the 640mb one is underpowered and overpriced when directly compared.

sick mobo and AMAZING price. i'll be getting that one as soon as it's instock here.

the mobo should work fine with the ram. no worries there.

the psu will also be fine.

dark, is talking about xeons not xions. imo, i would wait for the 8400. if there is any bit of incompatibility with the xeons and that mobo i don't think you're the one that wants to figure it out. problems like that can get very frustrating.

(edited)
and who uses stock cooling?

Me for the time being.

Thanks for the help with the CPU, mobo, ram, and graphics card. The last time I bought a PSU was when a 350 watt was top of the line. I'm trying to figure out if its a good price and if that one is worth getting.

memoryxc0.jpg

I'm going to be buying my computer in parts. I wonder if this ram will work with the mobo until I get my new ram?

Edited by TheGeek

LOL

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry. I played street hockey all day - I'm burnt and tired :)

wish the kids on the street still played... i grew up playing street hockey every day after school against AA and AAA players. only the goalies could be on feet, everyone else was required to have roller blades or else they weren't allowed to play.

now all the kids on the street do is laze around and shoot hoops. they don't even get off the road when i try to drive by. dumb kids...

Yeah, I hear ya cujo. Everyone likes pop/rap and bball nowadays. It's not too bad up here, but wherever else I go it seems to be like that. Heh, I suck at hockey anyway, so it's not like I REALLY miss it. There were a couple AA players in last year's tourny though. THEN I really sucked.

Geek - DDR2 ram is cheaper than gas. You can get 2 gigs for $30, so dont sweat the ram :)

(edited)

Tank Guys has the 8400s and the 3110s. Personally if you know your motherboard supports it, get the cheaper 3110. It's the exact same chip, just a different CPU string. Buy the OEM and get a aftermarket coolr and overclock that puppy. Otherwise buy a Mac. Em, I mean a Dell.

I just notice they have the E8400 for $190 with google checkout...so tempting...

Edited by bushwack

Yeah, I hear ya cujo. Everyone likes pop/rap and bball nowadays. It's not too bad up here, but wherever else I go it seems to be like that. Heh, I suck at hockey anyway, so it's not like I REALLY miss it. There were a couple AA players in last year's tourny though. THEN I really sucked.

Geek - DDR2 ram is cheaper than gas. You can get 2 gigs for $30, so dont sweat the ram :)

DDR3 is cheaper then gas. I wish I could use more then the 4 gigs of DDR2 I have, i would buy more it's insanely cheap.

SO what is better, the Xeon E3110? or the E8400?

Tank Guys has the 8400s and the 3110s. Personally if you know your motherboard supports it, get the cheaper 3110. It's the exact same chip, just a different CPU string. Buy the OEM and get a aftermarket coolr and overclock that puppy. Otherwise buy a Mac. Em, I mean a Dell.

I just notice they have the E8400 for $190 with google checkout...so tempting...

(edited)

Thats one persons opinion. You don't like GPL guys. I get it.

CRAP! The motherboard is GONE!

Edited by TheGeek

LOL

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry. I played street hockey all day - I'm burnt and tired :)

wish the kids on the street still played... i grew up playing street hockey every day after school against AA and AAA players. only the goalies could be on feet, everyone else was required to have roller blades or else they weren't allowed to play.

now all the kids on the street do is laze around and shoot hoops. they don't even get off the road when i try to drive by. dumb kids...

Ah memories...they still play in my hood but no rollerblades...pansies.

Thats one persons opinion. You don't like GPL guys. I get it.

CRAP! The motherboard is GONE!

I said in the other thread that you better buy it while it is in stock because it will eventually disappear. Should of grabbed it first since it is open box and at a lower price than what is normal.