Paid trip to Canada!

boiler

Check this out, my wife's boss needed to fly to Quebec for the day to see some knee surgery talks, and a few weeks ago decided that since there was plenty of room on the private jet they were taking that he would invite a few of his staff to come along for the ride (and who wouldn't do that? :biglaugha: )

So today my wife is getting paid for an 8 hour day to do the following:

- Fly on a private jet from a local airport to Canada

- Sightsee around the city

- Shop

- Eat

- Drink

- Point and laugh at the French Canadians

He's not even making them go to the talk, they're just along for the ride and to shop! WTH!

So anyways, for all you Canadians up there that happen to be in Quebec today, if you see the hot redhead walking around shopping, HANDS OFF! She's mine :D

For all the times that I've made fun of Canadia, I must say there are a few places that I would like to see up there. My parents have been to Toronto a couple of times and said it was great!

I figured you guys would have some funny name for it. I take it French Canadia is viewed a little "differently" in the other regions...

To say the least.

There are (unfortunately for them) many English Canadians stuck in the province (ie. Kage) so we can't classify them all as Queebs.

Also, it's a big province. Feel like narrowing down where your wife is?

I'd love to narrow it down for you, but beyond Quebec City, that's all I've got. I only know what she tells me (a scary proposition, I know).

sj, I didn't get forced into anything - my wife went with a few co-workers, I'm still stuck at work like any normal Friday :)

I suppose I could think of worse ways to spend my Friday than a free day trip on a private jet ;)

(edited)
Quebec City

Ah you just said Quebec before...She's totally leaving you.

!!!!

What the heck is going on in Quebec City that I should know about??

although if she left me I would have time for AoC and more gaming in general... ;)

and D, the only reason I'm not jealous of her office (which I used to work for) is because the office dynamics are so screwed up it's amazing they can even schedule patients and see them regularly. The only reason she stays right now is because her hours are insanely flexible and she gets an obscene amount of paid time off.

Edited by boilersax

Quebec City

Ah you just said Quebec before...She's totally leaving you.

!!!!

What the heck is going on in Quebec City that I should know about??

although if she left me I would have time for AoC and more gaming in general... ;)

and D, the only reason I'm not jealous of her office (which I used to work for) is because the office dynamics are so screwed up it's amazing they can even schedule patients and see them regularly. The only reason she stays right now is because her hours are insanely flexible and she gets an obscene amount of paid time off.

quebec city is basically it's own country...it's like you're in France.......better give your wife a big kiss goodbye...she might not come back :D

For your information, I am a french-canadian, or queeb as you call it.

English is my second language.

I'm supposed to be hating on you... but it feels more like a crush... :)

FYI, I've never called anyone a queeb in my life. I just call you guys losers :) jk man! I only call the habs that. <3 Ok,, I'd better stop.

I'd love to see Quebec. Though, my heritage has been Canadian for as long as I've been alive. I'm told it's also Swedish and Ukrainian, but I know very little about those countries and their heritages besides the fact that Sweden produces some great Metal bands.

For your information, I am a french-canadian, or queeb as you call it.

English is my second language.

You're not really a queeb...you don't smoke 2 packs a day, have a really nasty accent even though you've been speaking english just as long as you have been french and don't complain about how Quebec isn't treated as its own country because it's so important. :D