Got a brand new monitor, what ya think?

bushwack

whatever, it's some weird trick with the camera and photoshop. notice the double linksys wrt routers. nice try.

No it's what happens when someone sells you a new monitor in its original box, but is nice enuff to take out one of the 4 corner packing pieces before they ship it to you. Got to love practical jokes on ebay.

Edited by bushwack

I'd file a claim with paypal

Got a full refund yesterday without having to resort to name calling.

I wouldn't stack my two linksys routers on top of one another due to the heat issues. And keep magnets away from your monitors.

What is it with you people? One's a modem. :freak3: Been running them like that for years, seems cool to the touch...maybe they're burning up on the inside?

Does the monitor come with a degaussing button? If you're lucky, the screen can be degaussed to restore the colors back to normal. You can find a local tv repair shop that has a degaussing ring which will realign the color. It's just a big round coil that's magnetized when the power runs through it and you move it around the CRT to fix the color purity.

Does the monitor come with a degaussing button? If you're lucky, the screen can be degaussed to restore the colors back to normal. You can find a local tv repair shop that has a degaussing ring which will realign the color. It's just a big round coil that's magnetized when the power runs through it and you move it around the CRT to fix the color purity.

Thanks ebits but I already tried degaussing, did nothing. The monitor must have took a few massive hits, not only is there dents in the face but the chassis seperated from the face about a 1/8". I thought that the monitor was fine, while booting up the white text on a black background was perfect. Really think a shop could fix the color issue?

I just ordered a NEC MultiSync FE2111SB, same tube as this HP but only does 85hz @1600x1200 instead of 100hz. Website says in stock but I'm wondering...

Ah. If you already tried the degaussing, the shop won't be able to fix it either. Guess the picture tube did get really banged up during shipment. I get those TV's like that and the only real solution when I don't have the tube in stock is to get a few strong magnets and move it around until the color isn't washed out and glue it on, but you have to take the cover off and do it while the monitor is on. I wouldn't suggest you do it because you could get electrocuted. Even then the color doesn't line up correctly and I have to wait for a tube replacement. The shop may be willing to do that for you but I don't know how much they will charge.

i love my dell 1230. it's still kicking around as friends use it when i have mini lan parties. gotta love 1600x1200 at 100hz.

as for those linksys devices, they're designed to be stacked. ya they'll get a bit warm but it should be ok. as long as they're not hot to the touch.

Thanks Preach but I already have this 22" Asus. Wow so cheap now, I gave $295 +shipping for it last Christmas.

Far out, man! A tiedye monitor.

Glad you got your money back. I think ebits has the right idea too - try taking it to a shop for a quote. You might be able to get that repaired for cheap, and then you have a backup monitor.

I still have that Gateway that fried a last month, has the exact same tube and electronics package as the HP 1230. Maybe they could swap them out. I'd do it myself but a TV popped me once and I didn't like it.