Left 4 Dead

YoMamma

Since the zombie game server isn't nearly as popular as it was a few weeks ago and with the Left 4 Dead demo coming out next week: Nov 6th to those who pre-ordered the game, I would suggest that GC looks into a Left 4 Dead server in the near future. If you could be one of the first groups to set up a server for this brand new game before 1,000 other servers spring up, this may be a good way to increase interest in GC from people who are not familiar with us.

Edited by YoMamma

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. there's an option to disable the lobby-only join, but its still unclear if clients will be able to browse server listings (like in css). you can directly connect if the server allows it.

it sounds like there's finally a stable windows version available (took them 3 tries). maybe mookie or i will have time to finish the setup today.

unrelated: mookie, want to set up the l4d server?

If you type in "openserverbrowser" in the console, it works, but no servers pop up.

Yah... I don't like how the server menu doesn't pop up like with TF2 or CS:S. This doesn't really give GC the edge on having a server up for the demo. Maybe when the full game comes out, it'll be easier to search for a server.

Wait tell me how to be the Infected Jackie please!!! I can't wait until the full game comes out, I've already played the one half map over and over so many time.... I just love blasting zombies and hearing the sound that means that hordes of them are coming from any unexpecting direction... So awesome!

GC Alumni
(edited)
Wait tell me how to be the Infected Jackie please!!! I can't wait until the full game comes out, I've already played the one half map over and over so many time.... I just love blasting zombies and hearing the sound that means that hordes of them are coming from any unexpecting direction... So awesome!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=745482

It's very barebones. You have to go purely based on console commands.

Also, Dragonfire, if you want, you and I could test this one in multiplayer some time because for it to work, someone in the lobby has to start the server in order to run server side console commands. Also, if someone else would want to join, it would have to probably be 3v1, 2v2 or something because a human player would have to be around in order for the bots to actually move toward the goal point, not to mention it having a 4 player limit.

Reason I say someone has to start it to use console commands is because "sv_cheats" would have to be set to "1", otherwise it won't work. Also, for the infected person(s), they have to use "z_spawn hunter/boomer/tank/smoker" to spawn themselves wherever they point their crosshairs at. Also, "z_spawn" also works with zombies and witches as well.

I like to play as the infected because I can sort of act as the director as well to force panic moments where a flood of zombies rush the survivors any time I enter the command.

Also, if anyone is interested, here is a list of ALL the cvar commands.

http://www.left4dead411.com/l4d_cvar_list.pdf

Aaaand, if anyone is interested in splitscreen, here is a guide on how to do it as well. One person has to use the keyboard/mouse while the second person has to use a controller.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=745113

Edited by JackieChan