You're driving behind someone...

Fatty

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I learned to drive and spent my first 4 years driving in Chicago. Anyone who lives there or has been there knows that people go at least 10 over. Now that I live in Seattle everyone goes the speed limit at most and people will commonly go 5 under. Drives me nuts. I dont do anything to them but I pass them ASAP.

GC Founder

Story behind poll:

On my way home from school this evening, I'm behind a lady going 34-35 in a 35. I find myself right up on her, watching her look around, just looking here, there, gazing at everthing. I back off, only to notice the guy behind me up on my with his head roostered, looking around me at the lady in front of me. LOL! So now, this guy starts moving out, so I move right, just to let the lady see that she's creating a line cause cars 3 and 4 have now joined. The guy behind me obviously is voting on the top. Now, we're double yellow going through the winding hills, and I know there's a place to pass down in the valley (still double yellow) so I've got a decision to make cause there's still not going to be a "passing" zone. Guy behind me turns off (rather violently, lol). We're nearing the valley and I go for the fall back, I'm in no rush mode. Funny, but the guy behind me was starting to make me more aggrivated at the lady than I really was to begin with.

Guest Captain Pants
Guest Captain Pants
Guest Captain Pants
Guests

I'd drive close to someone, but if they decide to break, I'm pretty screwed as 2 tons of steel do not stop on a dime :lol:

Most of the time I always get behind somebody doing the speed limit or 5 under when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere(usually late for an appointment). Never fails. Now I just try to leave early and just go with the flow.

Road rage is contagious.

I would have to agree with that. A lot of crazy drivers out there. Just try to avoid them.

GC Founder
I'd drive close to someone, but if they decide to break, I'm pretty screwed as 2 tons of steel do not stop on a dime  :lol:

What 4,000 lb vehicle are you driving? A dump truck?

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

YEY i got my own button!

I would have to say number one, it's settling down now that i'm getting older. But back in the day I had severe road rage problems, i've followed people home, stopped people in the middle of street, gotten out of my car, and started bang on someguys window at a stoplight, Scared the crap out of old people (which use to be my favorite), heck i've even been in a fist fight b/c someguy cut me off...

Now i just try to laugh and get the other people mad at me, but on the interstate i will use my lights to coax people into getting out of the lefthand lane.

I haven't voted yet. I need clarification on the situation. Is the old bat in the right or left lane. If they're in the left lane, and I'm in a

chall21.jpg

I tell the

katie_shadow.jpg

to duck, reach under the seat for

thund.jpg

signal my desire to pass...failing that, I guess, I remove the obstacle keeping me from achieving interstate nirvana.

If they're in the right lane, then it's all good and I can cruise at or near the speed limit.

Then again, if it's a semi in the right lane and as I get within 10 feet and there is a substantial speed differential and they still decide that they need to use the next 3 and 1/4 miles to overtake a dumptruck going 66 mph....

The only solution is to press the red button, turning my

chall21.jpg

into

hotproduct_superoptimus.jpg

and taking care of business that way.

My reaction depends on which lane the commie is in.

Chief

Guest Captain Pants
Guest Captain Pants
Guest Captain Pants
Guests
I'd drive close to someone, but if they decide to break, I'm pretty screwed as 2 tons of steel do not stop on a dime  :lol:

What 4,000 lb vehicle are you driving? A dump truck?

A Charger :o

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

should make a new poll asking what they do if the person in front is going 5+ under the speed limit!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Where's the option for 'I'm that person!' Because I'm a wuss on the road. Cars pwn me. 8P)

I answered the second option but I try to be respectful and considerate. Normally, I will get real close if I know a potential "passing" opportunity is ahead (I will not pass on a solid line...only when it is legal to pass). If I know I won't have that opportunity, I try to give them their space, at least 2 seconds behind if not 1 car length for every 10 mph I am going. I have had enough tickets so I tend to play it safe.

Guest Catalyst
Guest Catalyst
Guest Catalyst
Guests

My driving depends on what mood I'm in. If I'm in a laid-back, peaceful mood I won't mind someone going the speed limit. If I'm in a hurry or just anxious I will follow them closely, but I never pass unless they are going five under.

Man Im getting so p*ssed if some body is driving slower than speed limit...also gotta love those old people who barely peak above the wheel and people who are afraid of their own shadows on the road...brrr

Just thinking about it gets me going :(