iPod Touch

boiler

Before things get nuts here, let me make it very clear that I still hate iTunes and will never own a Mac :wiggle2:

On the interference thing - I'm kinda surprised this is an issue considering the iPhone has been out for a while now. You'd think they would have worked out a way to prevent this by now. Strange.

funny-pictures-cat-wishes-to-access-your-cookies.jpg

To support boiler here, I owned an iPod shuffle for about 2 years (actually, I still own it but it never gets used) and recently upgraded my "mp3 player" to an iPhone. I also have a G5 iMac at work that I use once every 2 months just to update the software and do any testing that might need to be done. I feel no pull from Apple. I find that if you don't play the "my OS is greater than your OS" game, you don't have a problem.

Regarding the interference issue, that's not an iPhone specific issue. As SJ pointed out, the interference is caused by when your radio/speakers/etc picks up the signal of your phone pinging the tower. I used to have that happen with my Treo as well.

Ok quick question on the ipod touch. Ive been trying to get songs from it to my new computer, and it wont even let me put songs into the iTunes library. I can't figure out a way to get the songs from my 8gb iPod touch to my new computer at all. I've read that they took away the iPod touch as being recognized as an external device so it never shows up in Explorer. How the hell do i get my music to my computer? I saw there are some programs out there you can download....should I? Anyone help? I'm running Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Oh and as for a case, I have one from XtremeMac, http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/touch_2g/tuffwrap/index.php

Its amazing, rubber silicone covers the entire thing but the screen, nice if you drop it. Comes with a thin clear film for the screen, don't even know its there if you put it in right. Doesn't stick that much in my pocket but does on hard surfaces so it wont slide anywhere. They have some good cases there.

Edited by samurai nightling

Ok quick question on the ipod touch. Ive been trying to get songs from it to my new computer, and it wont even let me put songs into the iTunes library. I can't figure out a way to get the songs from my 8gb iPod touch to my new computer at all. I've read that they took away the iPod touch as being recognized as an external device so it never shows up in Explorer. How the hell do i get my music to my computer? I saw there are some programs out there you can download....should I? Anyone help? I'm running Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

uhm, what?

option a.

try and authorize itunes (under the advanced menu) with your ipod. if your ipod was filled from itunes (old computer) that was registered, that should do it.

option b.

jailbreak your touch using quickpwn.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4404107/QuickPwn21-1.zip

then grab your files by ssh or sftp.

so, dumb question...why not plug your old computer hard drive into your new computer and copy all the files, not just the ones on your ipod?

uhm, what?

option a.

try and authorize itunes (under the advanced menu) with your ipod. if your ipod was filled from itunes (old computer) that was registered, that should do it.

option b.

jailbreak your touch using quickpwn.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4404107/QuickPwn21-1.zip

then grab your files by ssh or sftp.

so, dumb question...why not plug your old computer hard drive into your new computer and copy all the files, not just the ones on your ipod?

too complicated, don't wanna rip out the old HDD from the computer thats still fully entact and useable. And um, I think i tried that authorizing the itunes thing, but I'll double check. And let me see if my warranty is up or not, then I'll jailbreak it if it is.

you can jailbreak and still be covered under warranty, just reformat it before you bring it in for service.

if you can't take the hdd out, why not move the files over the network from old desktop to new desktop? or if the old desktop is working (and you answer something like "i want to stream my files from the old desktop"), then why bother having these tunes on the new desktop?

Oh and as for a case, I have one from XtremeMac, http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/touch_2g/tuffwrap/index.php

Its amazing, rubber silicone covers the entire thing but the screen, nice if you drop it. Comes with a thin clear film for the screen, don't even know its there if you put it in right. Doesn't stick that much in my pocket but does on hard surfaces so it wont slide anywhere. They have some good cases there.

does idump not work on touch/iphone?

I've used Air Sharing to see my iPhone as a drive on my Windows computers but ssh is so much nicer. I was reticent to jailbreak my phone too but bit the bullet and it was fairly simple. I did have one minor hiccup that was my own darn fault, but besides that, easy peasy as Playaa says.

Dweez, did u jailbreak it on a mac or pc?

over the christmas break, im thinking bout jailbreaking my iphone.

I too use Air Sharing, although, have u figured out a way to get to ur camera pics using it?

Another one that is able to see your camera pics is box.net app, it's a free app that makes u register for their website account for 1 or 2 gb free space.

I have them both and i like the ability to get to the camera, but i like air sharing's ability to use it as a network drive.