It's official

Lunk

Ok, I've about decided that iMovie8 isn't worth a pint of pi$$. I converted some home video to mpeg4 format and it still won't import it. iMovie6 HD is ok with it. What gives with iMovie8?

BTW Handbrake seems to work pretty good.

Yeah well, I tried putting a Store Bought DVD in there. It sucked it in, won't play it and won't eject it. Sounds like it's grinding the thing up. Not off to a good start. On a side note my wife's seems to be working perfectly.

Ahhh...the good old fashioned "I can't get my mac to eject the &*#$! disc" problem.

Glad my PC has a little button next to the tray that will eject disc 100% of the time...and if that fails, a tiny little hole that accepts a little paperclip pry-bar.

When I am using my 1 year old core2duo-based mac at work, it still takes me 2x as long to do things as it would on my core2duo-based pc at home.

...that includes 20 seconds to eject a disc...when it does eject a disc.

enjoy!

When I am using my 1 year old core2duo-based mac at work, it still takes me 2x as long to do things as it would on my core2duo-based pc at home.
if you stopped looking for the start button, things might start speeding up for you.

:wavey:

you never really realize how much 2+ mouse buttons increases productivity until they forcibly take one away from you ;)

Does not compute!

Invalid arguments.

2 fingers on a single mouse button to do alternate tasks is a better system than having 2 separate mouse buttons.

Lunk. Go get Quicksilver. I don't care if you aren't a poweruser, Quicksilver is the best application for any operating system I have ever used. Even if you never use it for anything more than launching applications, it's a snap.

Yeah well, I tried putting a Store Bought DVD in there. It sucked it in, won't play it and won't eject it. Sounds like it's grinding the thing up. Not off to a good start. On a side note my wife's seems to be working perfectly.

Ahhh...the good old fashioned "I can't get my mac to eject the &*#$! disc" problem.

Glad my PC has a little button next to the tray that will eject disc 100% of the time...and if that fails, a tiny little hole that accepts a little paperclip pry-bar.

...that includes 20 seconds to eject a disc...when it does eject a disc.

enjoy!

Hold down the left mouse button when you turn the Mac on. That will ALWAYS eject the disk.

Hold down the left mouse button when you turn the Mac on. That will ALWAYS eject the disk.

It doesn't ALWAYS work. I tried that several times and it would not eject. They had to put a thick strip of tape and use a putty knife to contact it with the DVD, then forcibly pull the DVD out while pushing the eject button.

if you stopped looking for the start button, things might start speeding up for you.

:wavey:

Oh snap!

There are actually a lot of mac things I like (the dock for example). But my PC skills are mad-embedded to the point that when I get to work on Monday, I have to reboot my brain. That's what 20 years of PC use gets me (and heck, I even started computing with mac, then moved on).

It doesn't ALWAYS work. I tried that several times and it would not eject. They had to put a thick strip of tape and use a putty knife to contact it with the DVD, then forcibly pull the DVD out while pushing the eject button.

Sounds like the slot for the player got misaligned with the slot from the case. That's basically the problem I heard about previously although it mostly occurred after the user had owned it for a while. Resting the forearms on the laptop (with one arm being directly over top the drive slot) eventually shifted the drive in the system and started causing disks to stick or worse, get scratched up when ejected.

i gotta say, i'm surprised it didn't involve a lasso, spurs, and a yeehaw or two.

Brokemac Mountain?

I apologize.

LOL, nice