Wiper blades

Magruter

Need some suggestions, I normally just take it to firestone and have them toss a couple on. The last ones feel apart in the less than 6 months. I need some that can stand a Wisconsin winter.

just got some rain-x ones that have been working out pretty well for me

There is this brand that Walmart sells that claims to have a "lifetime guarantee". I can't remember the brand though but they're on my girlfriends car and after 6 months they're still working perfectly like new.

So...there's that.

I've tried the Bosch ICON wipers and loved em .... their a tad pricey tho ... ran me ~ $50 for the pair ... but they lasted long enough that I'm positive I saved money over the dirt cheap wipers. Anyway, I tried the step down ones this time to save money, I think those were EXCEL.

I have no experience with Rain X blades, but I have been told they are good. Bosch are good too...the pricey ones though, they do make a lower line blade that's less expensive and not as good. Anco is ok in a pinch, unless you buy the expensive ones, then they are fine. Avoid Trico and any other blade not mentioned here.

Oh...btw Mags, I know you prolly misplaced your bifocals...but there is a car forum down below :P

Just go to the local joes... or whatever store you got... buy a medium priced one... 20-30 range.. and a bottle of rain-x apply the rain x and put on the wipers... and bam your gold.

The thing is... if you have mad snow/ice... and your scraping blades left and right then you can't really do anything.

Need some suggestions, I normally just take it to firestone and have them toss a couple on. The last ones feel apart in the less than 6 months. I need some that can stand a Wisconsin winter.

you pay people to put windshield wipers on your car?

lol.... I was wondering why he would do that too.

Mag, just go to WalMart. They're cheap in price and have a decent selection. Make sure you know what size to get beforehand.

Hint: The driver's and passenger's sides are usually different.

you pay people to put windshield wipers on your car?

lol.... I was wondering why he would do that too.

Mag, just go to WalMart. They're cheap in price and have a decent selection. Make sure you know what size to get beforehand.

Hint: The driver's and passenger's sides are usually different.

heheh he has the old ones to compare with. Worse comes to worse... I think 'Auto Zone' will put them on for you for freeee

Go to Wal-Mart and pick up a set of winter blades, I usually just get the cheap ones and pick up some wiper fluid with de-icer in it.

Here is a bonus trick; when you know it's going to snow and your vehicle will be parked outside take your wiper blades and pull them up off your windshield until they lock in their upright position (as you would do when changing the blade) after you park your car. They will be sticking straight up and look rather goofy but it will prevent then from icing to your windshield and getting damaged when you scrape them off the next time you venture out into the tundra. It also makes it easier to scrape off the bottom of the windshield in the morning.

Here is a bonus trick; when you know it's going to snow and your vehicle will be parked outside take your wiper blades and pull them up off your windshield until they lock in their upright position (as you would do when changing the blade) after you park your car. They will be sticking straight up and look rather goofy but it will prevent then from icing to your windshield and getting damaged when you scrape them off the next time you venture out into the tundra. It also makes it easier to scrape off the bottom of the windshield in the morning.

lol... is it possible for them to be frozen into the position? Like if it rained then froze on the wipers and turn them into icicles?