what do you think the chances are...

NOFX

manual tranny on dry pavement.. I can't do it, I've been trying to ever since I got pulled over for "spinning tires".. I can only hope the judge throws it out...

Judge won't throw it out. One time my buddy had a 4 banger POS Pinto back in 1990 and got pulled over for doing 75. My friend was miffed saying "my car can't even do 65!!!!" the whole time. Judge sided with the cop who wrote the ticket. The whole thing still makes me chuckle.

So your cop friend heard another car squeel out but pinned it to you?

manual tranny on dry pavement.. I can't do it, I've been trying to ever since I got pulled over for "spinning tires".. I can only hope the judge throws it out...

You, sir, are a hardened criminal. It's just that obvious. I hope they throw the whole book at you!!! :biglaugha:

Dude, that sucks. I do hope they just let it drop.

(edited)

No.. no one squeeled or spun anything. I was in my hometown which consists of about 2-3 stoplights. I have to give my truck quite a bit of gas and get the engine up to some RPMS just to pull out into traffic down here in the city without causing a wreck. So the engine does sound like I'm trying to take off, but in reality, it's just working very hard to pull itself along.

Anyway, he pulled me over for this and since I wasn't really doing anything wrong, he just claims I was spinning tires..

The problem is much more than just this because the gimmick they have going on back in this small town is this.. They only have about 2 or 3 bars there, so the cops just sit outside the bars and wait to pull people over as they leave... I wasn't that much over the limit either, but alcohol was fresh on my breath so it made the initial test seem really high..

Sucks to live by yourself and lose your license for a year. I won't be able to travel home to see my family for a year. I also work for a division in florida and I travel down there. What am I supposed to do with that? Good possibility I could lose my job, then I won't have a license to go find another. Then I get to foreclose on the house because I won't have a job and then I get to move back into my parents basement.

thank you sir, may I have another? *bends over*

Edited by .fx

No.. no one squeeled or spun anything. I was in my hometown which consists of about 2-3 stoplights. I have to give my truck quite a bit of gas and get the engine up to some RPMS just to pull out into traffic down here in the city without causing a wreck. So the engine does sound like I'm trying to take off, but in reality, it's just working very hard to pull itself along.

Anyway, he pulled me over for this and since I wasn't really doing anything wrong, he just claims I was spinning tires..

The problem is much more than just this because the gimmick they have going on back in this small town is this.. They only have about 2 or 3 bars there, so the cops just sit outside the bars and wait to pull people over as they leave... I wasn't that much over the limit either, but alcohol was fresh on my breath so it made the initial test seem really high..

Sucks to live by yourself and lose your license for a year. I won't be able to travel home to see my family for a year. I also work for a division in florida and I travel down there. What am I supposed to do with that? Good possibility I could lose my job, then I won't have a license to go find another. Then I get to foreclose on the house because I won't have a job and then I get to move back into my parents basement.

thank you sir, may I have another? *bends over*

Man Nofx you have had the worst luck this year, three instances i the last few months.. Crazy! I think it will all work out in the end. And off the record I drove for 2 years on a suspended license for a similar charge 10 years ago.

Bushwack.

I have a friend whose father is a judge down in Georgia. He told me a great story.

He hears traffic cases and gets the "my car can't go that fast" and he proposes a deal with them.

He will have one of the police officers take the car out and IF the car gets up to the speed on the ticket, then the car will be turned over to the state and sold. He says that no one takes the deal and everyone pays the ticket. Except one guy, who claimed his car couldn't get to 65, took the deal, and when the police officer came back said "I got it up to 65, but I though I was going to lose my life". So my friend's father tossed the ticket.

Tell the judge that you have a deal for him.

Edited by lazarus

sounds like a good story laz.. I'm very tempted to do it.

so I was almost able to spin my tires once.. My engine redlines at 6k rpm. I had to rev the engine up to about 4.5-5k and completely drop the clutch. Even then, it wasn't so much as spinning or even a chirp. It just kind of lost traction for a split section and then continued on it's way.

look it up online, it does 0-60 in 12 seconds!!

yea I can get a license to go to work, but I'm the process of selling my townhouse and possibly moving to North Carolina or back to Western Va. Will I be allowed to go to interviews? Can I go buy myself food? How am I supposed to eat? I do live by myself and I'm 5 hours away from any family or anyone that can help me out... I'm hoping they take it easy on me..