FEAR 2

TheFirstMonk

Has anyone tried the PC demo for this game yet (there should be one on FilePlanet now)? I played the demo of the first FEAR and thought it had some pretty cool parts. I would download the FEAR 2 demo and try it out myself, but my new computer is still without a decent graphics card. Just giving a heads-up in case anyone was interested.

i bought the first fear. and i thought it was awful. the graphics were terrible. they looked like original xbox graphics or worse. i hope that the 2nd can redeem the game. i find it strange because people are always like oh its an awesome game.

I thought they built this on the same engine, but I was reading about it months ago.

I loved FEAR, but it wasn't because of the awesome graphics (which it DIDN'T have, but were still better than halo2). I loved it because of the feel.

I might grab this later...

i bought the first fear. and i thought it was awful. the graphics were terrible. they looked like original xbox graphics or worse. i hope that the 2nd can redeem the game. i find it strange because people are always like oh its an awesome game.

No, no, no.... sorry but have to completely disagree with you... at the time the engine wasn't FEAR's selling point, so if you judge a game on that then you're not going to get anywhere, it was it's story and creepy atmosphere... as well as it's AI. The demo for FEAR 2 was amazing, I can't wait for FEAR 2

i thought that the atmosphere sucked too. same skinned enemies 50 million times. i guess the "scare you" flashy things were ok but i couldnt make myself play the game for more than 30 minutes. i really couldnt stand the horrible graphics as i said too, felt like i was playing xbox. not 360. i will still give fear 2 a shot though. but i could easily use my copy of the original as a coaster for the table.

I just played the demo on the xbox 360 a couple days ago. I was on a private chat with my little brother as I played, and he laughed every time I got startled because i would scream over the mic.. Good graphics, seems like it will be a good game.

Just played the PC demo at 1920 x 1200 and max details, with 4xAA and 4xAF...plays pretty well.

I thought they tweaked the atmospheric stuff just right (sounds, fog, lighting, etc...).

Definitely more engaging than original. I love orig, though it got old after a bit.

I will buy this game, when I have time to play. The weapons seem better, I like the improve aiming down the sights (a'la COD). The sound is great in 5.1. Improved graphics, but you can tell it is the same engine.