GC Call Out

Flitterkill

The update came out late and by then, I was heading to bed. I can help with it tonight but I am out of town for the entire next 4 days.

May be a good idea to give those who may not be admin members of GC admin on that server so the server can be maintained by those who do play TF2.

I can't wait for Diablo III!!!

I'm sure it will have some online stuffs....but the problem for me in playing those online is that putting in little time leaves you behind in development....<shrugs>

1) Are you playing anything on those sales lists?

TF2 only since the update

2) Are you playing mostly consoles now (PS3, Wii, Xbox360)?

360 and lots of it.

3) What PC games are you looking forward to?

Nothing that I won't be getting for the 360

4) Any PC games you didn't play in the past that you mean to check out eventually?

Nope.

I need to read through this thread a little more but I think Boiler and I were chatting about this last night and we both kind of feel tired of all the censoring.

It's one thing to police the bad apples who just spam the mic constantly but jumping down someone's throat for a word that isn't generally considered "foul" is just a good way to make a multiplayer game a single player one really fast.

Maybe dropping the "Clean Gaming" thing for something with more of an edge, like "Mature Gaming" or something similar. I just get the impression that there's a connotation about censored/clean servers out there that will only hurt us (because we're not like most of the "clean/censored" servers out there).

I can't wait for Diablo III!!!

I'm sure it will have some online stuffs....but the problem for me in playing those online is that putting in little time leaves you behind in development....<shrugs>

I'm with Fatty! I plan to hopefully get it the day it comes out, and then my outside life will cease to exist for a while.

Not really. I pick up Fallout 3 here and there (and will be playing more with the new DLC after RE5 has been played). I own TF2, but only tried it a couple of times in the dying moments of its previous GC incarnation.

360, almost exclusively. I own a Wii as well that sees some action as well. Halo 3, Gears 2, GTAIV and soon to be RE5 see the most multiplayer time for me.

Nothing that I won't be getting for the 360.

4) Any PC games you didn't play in the past that you mean to check out eventually?

Not really.

Honestly, I've pretty much moved away from games on my computer since I sold my "gaming" desktop a year and a half ago. It was expensive to keep up with, I wasn't seeing a lot of great games coming that I was itching to play, and I haven't had the urge to save up money to build a new one. I don't have the amount of gaming time I used to, and I prefer playing on my 360 at this point for the cost savings, 50" HDTV, and couch factors. I'm not sure I'll ever get back into PC gaming at this point, but I suppose that could change.

I love what this community stands for (it's the reason I latched on 3 years ago then joined up), but as I was saying to Anonymo last night the "strict" nature of some of the rules (mostly language-related) can be a bit of a turn off for many folks. I think there is a HUGE difference between hearing an occasional "curse word" and abusive behavior/whining. I wouldn't mind seeing us ease back a bit on the swearing thing (within reason) but still bring down the hammer on abusive behavior. I know it's a bit subjective, so the "line" obviously would need to be determined by board members smarter than I.

My $.02.

A couple of months ago GC had a retro night in which, everyone was asked to come out for some good times. I dusted off my CD's

and spent about an hour D/L the game, steam and all the nessessary updates. I tried to manually punch in the GC server. No dice.

Tried to find it on the server list, no dice. I spent about an hour trying to locate the server with no luck at all. I posted about it in the

forum the next day, dunno if anything ever came of that or not. L4D has really caught my attention periodically, really fun game, but

I have to admit WoW is the "video that killed the radio star" Supposedly SF4 was coming out for the PC but I have not seen anything

at IGN, and I have not been to the local EB Games to check it out. I really enjoyed CSS in my day, but it is an aging game as posted

elsewhere in this thread multiple times. Hope that helps :)

Just checked IGN; Street fighter 4 is a PC game. They are sold

out for consoles everywhere up here, (the penguins really like it :P)

Pffft, Barrie is south :stretch:

I'm only playing UT2k4 on PC.

360 - GoW2 mostly, but some Halo3 as well. Not online, just system link stuff.

UT4. I can't wait for them to have the idea then make it. That's about it to be honest.

Not really. I have been buying games for xbox lately because 1 - I can play in town with my friends who also own their own 360s, and 2 - I forget my second point.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

1) I beat the main quest and have another lvl 20 character in Fallout 3 but really haven't played it much in a month.

I have TF2 but rarely play it any more.

I've taken up with UT 2004 again, mostly Freon DM and noob demo servers.

2) Only game I play on our Wii is an old title for the NES called Wario Woods, a highly competitive puzzle game I play with my wife. It's only 500 points so get it. We used to play it back in the day on the SNES and we were happy to find it in the downloads.

3) I'm not looking towards anything, not Diablo 3, not even Starcraft 2. I just got done beta testing Anno 1404 and I will pick it up when it drops to 20-30 dollar range. The Sims 3 might be interesting. Oh yeah looking for a Fallout 3 expansion bundle when it hits retail, will be a must buy for me.

4) Wanna hit the original Fallout this year, I have it installed... Also replay Oblivion now that I have all expansions and goodies. Maybe I need to go and finish the original Half Life, I think I only finished a quarter of it back so long ago.

Been 7 months already? Here's my update.

1) Same but picked up L4D but didn't care for it.

2) We ditched playing Wario Woods on the Wii and fired up the old SNES and picked up Wario Woods up for it on fleabay, better version.

3) Same here too. Waiting for the Game of the Year release of Fallout 3 so I can play it again with all the expansions. Comes out in October and I'm about ready to play.

4) Started playing Fallout 1 ditched it and replayed Oblivion with all the expansions (I never played before) with the exception of Shivering Isles, have to save something to do next time I replay the game in a few years. :prplwacko: Oblivion is still an awesome game. I even picked up the Collector's edition for the DVD doc and coin.

Kinda agree with M2 about CSS being the one online game that seems to just click with me. I really like Customs Night (kudos to Shaft for taking the trouble to find maps and organizing them) since the server is usually full* and there are many regulars.

Very eager to try different games with the community. Been playing NeoTokyo with some GC folks. Never really got into MMOs mostly due to lack of good company. Just tell me what to get and where to go :)

*Why did the server cap drop from 32 to 28? Was it due to the lag between rounds (I don't really mind it)?