Aren't we due?!

[LaW]Maverick

OK, so I think we're due for a new CS, it's been since 2004 since we got Source, and it's time. In Asia, they released Counter-Strike Online in 2008, but I'm not even entirely sure what the devil that is.

Here's what I'd like to see:

1.) Grenades that do grenade damage (i.e., a grenade lands in your lap, you die)

2.) Destructible environments

3.) Proper damage through various materials (i.e., going through stone does less damage than going through wood...additionally, going through thick wood does less damage than going through thin wood)

4.) The ability to go prone

5.) Waver and movement penalties when wielding an AWP (it's a freaking heavy rifle designed to sit on a bi-pod, you can't hope around like Roger Rabbit and hit people with it, sorry)

6.) Improved overall graphics.

7.) Re-introduction of vehicles, but ONLY ON SELECT MAPS (not like COD4, just the occasional vehicle map like we used to have waaaay back in the day--remember the jeep map?)

All they'd have to do is a little advertising, make it appeal to the nostalgic players that used to play, and they'd make a fortune. I'd buy it. :) What do you guys think?

(edited)
In Asia, they released Counter-Strike Online in 2008, but I'm not even entirely sure what the devil that is.

here a vid of CS:O if u havent seen it yet; they got female characters now and seems the graphics went down compared to cs:s unless that guys computer just sucks a$$...basicly an upgrade to cs 1.6, well thats what Ive read so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCm0NB20e6Q

Edited by Sedah

Well, one thing's for sure, we don't get to play it. :shrug03:

yea, its not gonna be released in the US, as of for now, who knows, maybe in the future it will; like how they have both genders now tho

I wouldn't hold your breath for a new CS...I mean they abandoned Source basically because of complainers, why would they want to make another and compound the whining? Just have a peak at the Steam forums and you'll see why Valve are so eager to "please" their "fans".

Nothing kills a game faster than whiners. I've seen this happen with MMO's - there's gotta be a core set of gamers out there that move from game to game like locusts, complaining about how it isn't like Game X or something is imbalanced. Once they've destroyed a game, they move onto the next one.

I've seen this happen with Hellgate: London, Age of Conan, and now I wonder if the same thing is happening to Warhammer Online or Darkfall.

Nothing kills a game faster than whiners. I've seen this happen with MMO's - there's gotta be a core set of gamers out there that move from game to game like locusts, complaining about how it isn't like Game X or something is imbalanced. Once they've destroyed a game, they move onto the next one.

I've seen this happen with Hellgate: London, Age of Conan, and now I wonder if the same thing is happening to Warhammer Online or Darkfall.

lol yea.. I sort of think your right. If you haven't visted the Darkfall forums.. don't. It's all these nerds complaining about everything they can. But the cool thing about Darkfall is the developers know the game isn't mainstream and they are keeping to their original plan and ignoring them. My theory is that for every whiner, there is 10 people not whining.

People go to the net to complain, very rarely do they go out of their way to say how good something is.

(edited)

I wouldn't hold your breath for a new CS...I mean they abandoned Source basically because of complainers, why would they want to make another and compound the whining? Just have a peak at the Steam forums and you'll see why Valve are so eager to "please" their "fans".

Gabe Newell has talked about counter-strike 2, and from what he was saying, it will most likely come out after portal 2 and episode 3.

source

Edited by discom

Gabe Newell has talked about counter-strike 2, and from what he was saying, it will most likely come out after portal 2 and episode 3.

source

When HL3 comes out.

source

When HL3 comes out.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

• 2 weeks later...