I'm finally out of school!

samurai nightling

I don't know who all already knew this, but i finally graduated from my internship in June, and passed my registry to be a certified Medical Technologist! I was hired on by the hospital i interned with and have a full time job working in the lab on 2nd shift 3:00-11:30. Pretty exciting stuff, im finally making some real money to do the things ive wanted like move out and get my own new car. I havent been around here much recently because of my odd hours and when im not working im with my gf at her place or just playing on Steam, so u can catch me there late at night usually. Just thought i would share the good news though!

Heh thanks guys, and stutters, i already made a topic back in May when i bought my new (new) car. I bought it knowing i was almost done and had a job lined up with them already. Its a 2010 Mazda3 s Sport. Look for the topic in the cars section for pictures! The payments really aren't too bad, about $300 a month. I got a decent interest rate, i think it was like 4.9% if i remember, and i put $2500 down on it. The moving out is what i have yet to do. I'm trying to save up for a down payment on a house within the next year hopefully.

Heh thanks guys, and stutters, i already made a topic back in May when i bought my new (new) car. I bought it knowing i was almost done and had a job lined up with them already. Its a 2010 Mazda3 s Sport. Look for the topic in the cars section for pictures! The payments really aren't too bad, about $300 a month. I got a decent interest rate, i think it was like 4.9% if i remember, and i put $2500 down on it. The moving out is what i have yet to do. I'm trying to save up for a down payment on a house within the next year hopefully.

Within a year?

I'm thinking it'll take me 2 years to save up for a down payment. Then again I'm looking to save around $40k and I spend like crazy (Just bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio electric guitar and a Yamaha drum set). I wish my job was as secure as yours. I'm in "sales" at the moment, so my job security is next to nothing. I had 2 good months in a row, but this month I'm not producing, so who knows how much longer I'll have a job :)

By the way, it sounds like you're doing something similar to what my girlfriend is doing because she works in a laboratory in a hospital and she also has all the job security you could ask for.

Edited by YoMamma

Within a year?

I'm thinking it'll take me 2 years to save up for a down payment. Then again I'm looking to save around $40k and I spend like crazy (Just bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio electric guitar and a Yamaha drum set). I wish my job was as secure as yours. I'm in "sales" at the moment, so my job security is next to nothing. I had 2 good months in a row, but this month I'm not producing, so who knows how much longer I'll have a job :)

By the way, it sounds like you're doing something similar to what my girlfriend is doing because she works in a laboratory in a hospital and she also has all the job security you could ask for.

Yeah, i dunno if I'll have enough within a year or maybe 2. But I'm going to see if my gf wants to put anything towards the house, not that she has any kind of money atm either. We'd be moving into it together when it happens. The next big purchase im probably making is a ring before xmas time. :)

do the ring et al before buying a house together. trust me ;)

A big "+1" to this.

I had an apartment with my then-fiance for 8 months before we got married. We bought a house a month after the wedding, but I would not recommend the first legally binding thing between the two of you be a house.

do the ring et al before buying a house together. trust me ;)

Really? I was always thinking about doing it the other way around or at the same time. Hmm...

Congratz on the ring before Xmas idea, Samurai~! If I had some more job security I would be thinking about that as well. Oh well, we'll see how this whole job thing works out over the next several months. I guess it wouldn't hurt to continue saving for it :)

Congrats! It's so liberating to finally nail a full time job and make good money on your own!

Good luck with the whole house thing, I'm currently looking to buy my first home (on my own) and it's really daunting, and I don't have a GF to approve of the property :D