IW nerfs Mod War 2 yet again

Tek-Almighty

(edited)

good lord, you PC gamer people are such a bunch of emo cry babies! :wiggle2:

Playing video games on a console is like solving a rubik's cube with mittens on...you may get the experience and even the end result, but it is vague, slippery, and tedious in the end.

Long live the original box of fragable death...the pc.

oh and p.s.

The ONLY reason video games and video game makers like Infinity Ward have a cool set of dev. tools and a fan base to begin with, is the pc fanboys.

So...you would be stuck in the world of 8 bit graphics and 2-d if not for us... :biglaugha:

Edited by Tek-Almighty

huh, that's funny.... I seem to be getting plenty of enjoyment out of playing games without having to tweaking 234,452 settings and screwing around with the console... (not to mention the damn thing just works within 5 seconds of inserting the disc...)

Maybe I'm not 1337 enuf?

[/pcconsolewarz]

Maybe I'm not 1337 enuf?

Ya..... :)

I like the tweaking. In fact, that's why I loved competitive gaming on the PC. Change your default FOV depending on the type of player you are (madpat liked fov 80, I like it at about 90 or 95, blah blah blah). Customize keys for changing weapons and movement... it's pretty much endless. OR you just go with the defaults.

But why would I buy this for PC if they're pretty much asking me to play with no hands? I had a lot of fun with cod4 on PC. Not this time I guess.

Maybe I'm not 1337 enuf?

Ya..... :)

I like the tweaking. In fact, that's why I loved competitive gaming on the PC. Change your default FOV depending on the type of player you are (madpat liked fov 80, I like it at about 90 or 95, blah blah blah). Customize keys for changing weapons and movement... it's pretty much endless. OR you just go with the defaults.

But why would I buy this for PC if they're pretty much asking me to play with no hands? I had a lot of fun with cod4 on PC. Not this time I guess.

ditto

I never got what all the hype was over CoD 4 MW in the first place. I bought and played it on the PS3 and the game just felt like it was missing something. The graphics weren't superbly amazing, the storyline was OK at best, and the multiplayer (well at least on a console) wasn't all that fun to me. I think too many people are buying into "The few, the proud, the marines." slogan with these games. Everyone is all worked up and all about supporting our "modern warfare" troops in the middle east that whether or not its an actually good game, it comes off as AWESOME!!! to most people. I on the other hand didn't really enjoy it.

I never got what all the hype was over CoD 4 MW in the first place. I bought and played it on the PS3 and the game just felt like it was missing something. The graphics weren't superbly amazing, the storyline was OK at best, and the multiplayer (well at least on a console) wasn't all that fun to me. I think too many people are buying into "The few, the proud, the marines." slogan with these games. Everyone is all worked up and all about supporting our "modern warfare" troops in the middle east that whether or not its an actually good game, it comes off as AWESOME!!! to most people. I on the other hand didn't really enjoy it.

Yah, ummm. That's not why I played it. Actually it took me 3 mos. after release to even pick up multi on this game and play. If you had a good team, a great PC, and good foes, this is one of the most wait/twitch/response/run n gun/blast away combo games ever. It provided a real variety of tactics and outcomes in MP mode. You just had to be there, I guess.

(edited)

I never got what all the hype was over CoD 4 MW in the first place. I bought and played it on the PS3 and the game just felt like it was missing something.

Exactly, a keyboard and mouse. The game is designed to be played with a keyboard and mouse. Using your thumb on a little joystick to aim == no fun at all. I know this because I had at one point I had an Xbox with Cod4, which I sold and picked up a PS3(also had Cod4). I ultimately traded the PS3 for a beast graphics card for my PC to play on.

It's like Tek said, sure it may be fun and you get results, but the PC has the ability to provide a much better experience. PC gamers know this and thats why they are complaining.

Edited by .fx

Yeah i dont doubt i would have liked it more if i had my mouse and keyboard. I don't usually play FPS games on a console, i cant stand a controller for that. I just don't know if i would still like the game all that much more though just because i have my mouse and keyboard.

To play devils advocate here. the pc offers superb graphics and controls, but in terms of controls it is almost too good. It does not even take the best of the best to hear a sound, which with even with only stereo to hear a sound equal in both ears, and do an instant 180 dead stop and blindfire to kill their foe.The human body simply cannot do that like most people do in pc games. So depending on the sensitivity of a stick I think its better in that regard. I wish there was an option to disable autoaim on the console as it ruins my shot more than it helps, but I have no clue if mw2 has that and I am getting off the point...

I love pc gaming, and used to be on the whole anti console FPS bandwagon, but as I matured and got smarter, I realized it was more about people trying to play war simulators who wanted superhuman reflex's than it was about "the purity of the game"

Alright I am done, feel free to tell me how wrong I am :peace:

Personally, my biggest complaints about the PC version of this game are the price and the lack of dedicated servers. I don't want some lame-#@$ friend system like the XBOX has. I like finding random servers SOMETIMES, but I generally like to play on one that has a bunch of people on it that I like to play with. I.E. GC.

The $10 extra ticks me off to no end though. The reason that you pay $10 extra on console games is because the console companies all got together in a conference and decided they wanted $10 of pure profit from each NEW game sold. So, rather than take the hit, game companies like EA charge retailers like GameStop $10 more per game. The retailers, in turn, don't want to take the hit on something they don't make much of a profit on anyway, and simply charge $10 more for the game. MW 2 being upped to $60 for the PC is just a blatant grab at some extra profit for no good reason other than the first game was popular.