scratched xbox game?!?!

NOFX

So I bought a 360 on Monday. I bought modern warfare 2 the same day. Today I brought it to my parents, set it up and was playing. Something jarred the xbox a little and it said game is unreadable. Took it out and there is a nice scratch on it as well as a slight full circle scratch in close. To me this scratch is nothing a PC wouldn't be able to read. The game will play for a few and then say its unreadable...

Do I have any options here?? I dont know how installing to the hard drive works, but if I can borrow my friends copy and install to the HD, will that work? Its not letting me do it with my disc.

What a ripoff...

yea I know, but the guys I work with and some freinds have the 360, plus I found it refurbed for $130, so I picked it up.

So I got it to work last night, I played for about an hour after I was able to install to the HD and all of a sudden it froze. Now I get three red rings when it starts up. What a crappy console, I'm glad I didn't pay more for it. At least they said they will fix it for free and pay for shipping.

Edited by .fx

yea I know, but the guys I work with and some freinds have the 360, plus I found it refurbed for $130, so I picked it up.

So I got it to work last night, I played for about an hour after I was able to install to the HD and all of a sudden it froze. Now I get three red rings when it starts up. What a crappy console, I'm glad I didn't pay more for it. At least they said they will fix it for free and pay for shipping.

I dont know a single person who owns a 360 that hasnt happened to

I was going to say, "It hasn't happened to me." But then I remember that time I dropped it in my car, and it gave me the 3 red rings, but then after a power cycle it worked again fine. :)

:biglaugha: Wow so you jarred the thing with a disc spinning in it and are surprised it's scratched and are now calling it a piece of junk because you bought a used one and it died?

Do I even have to say it?

The CD player in my car doesn't scratch dics when i hit a bump.. It just seems the minimal effort it would take to make that not happen, would be worth it. Unless thier plan is to make ppl buy the same $60 game twice. Does anyone know if the PS3 does this too?

Edited by .fx

:biglaugha: Wow so you jarred the thing with a disc spinning in it and are surprised it's scratched and are now calling it a piece of junk because you bought a used one and it died?

Do I even have to say it?

The CD player in my car doesn't scratch dics when i hit a bump.. It just seems the minimal effort it would take to make that not happen, would be worth it. Unless thier plan is to make ppl buy the same $60 game twice. Does anyone know if the PS3 does this too?

If it happens on your PS3, you're totally hosed because scratched Blu-rays can't be repaired (this is what I have been told, I am assuming it's true and have no intentions of intentionally scratching one of my games/blu-rays to find out)

Anon, thanks for typing my thoughts for me. I just didn't have the motivation to post them earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my elite for over two years now, never red ringed on me yet. :)

I also never move my xbox when its powered on, but I have had family and friends ruin 2 separate copies of cod4 in the past two years. All games I buy are now installed to the hard drive.

I had my elite for over two years now, never red ringed on me yet. :)

I also never move my xbox when its powered on, but I have had family and friends ruin 2 separate copies of cod4 in the past two years. All games I buy are now installed to the hard drive.

quick! stand on your head and drink goats milk out of a cotton tube or you might jinx it!!

Same thing happened to me fx. I went to blockbuster, rented the same game and kept their copy. This cost me $10.99 or whatever. I thought I was all tricky and feeling shiesty till my friend who works there says they have a machine that buffs it or something. It will fix the scratch for a low price. Looks like stealin just aint the answer to everything.