Free MW2 This Weekend

mohawk

(edited)

Someone needs to nominate a new "community" game that can get the crowd back together. MW2, bad company 2, I don't really care. I'm willing to drop the cash to hop back in with something else. We need the GC successor for CSS, because I'm not sure I'll ever be installing it again.

Its easy for me to nominate MW2, mainly because I have it and like it.

But we have Me, Mohawk, Blitzkrieg, fatguy(mohawks brother), Shazz, ZD, and another guy name Sup who is friends with Mo and his Bro. We usually can get a group together each night to team up.

The diff with MW2 is you have to join Parties, exactly like xbox. So once you get 6 people (the amount of one team in HQ) you can click play game and it finds 6 people right away to play you. Same concept with 1 person, or 8 people. It will just find the extra amount of people you need to play.

Nice because there is never a time your playing 1v1 to get others to join, but bad because everyone doesn't have one main server to join and play.

Edited by akaM2

Someone needs to nominate a new "community" game that can get the crowd back together. MW2, bad company 2, I don't really care. I'm willing to drop the cash to hop back in with something else. We need the GC successor for CSS, because I'm not sure I'll ever be installing it again.

Both BC2 and MW2 are good games. They are to different in play style for me to claim one is better than the other. MW2 has more in the way of CSS than BC2 which happens to be more chaotic and very fast paced.

i nominate CSS!

(edited)

well so far I hate MW2 on pc, I played for 5 minutes but of course I'm playing with a 256mb geforce 7600 and it looked like complete poo.. I went ahead and ordered a GB BFG Card to remedy that issue, hopefully newegg sends it with the quickness

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143187&cm_re=bfg_9800_gt-_-14-143-187-_-Product

It's not the best but I'm on a budget lol

Anyone have control recommendations? I'm PC dumb when it comes to mw2.. css had like 1/4th the controls lol

What button do you press for ADS? while still moving and clicking? lol (I know the defaults I'm asking for opinions)

Edited by Windex

I use mouse scroll up to change between the two weapons. Mouse 4 for grenade or alternate equipment. Mouse 3 is for the knife attack. I use E for flash grenades and Q to talk. Right control is to crouch and left Control is to go prone. I also use this gaming keyboard which makes this key layout useful. http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/keyboards/merc/information

Windex:

As for a video card, you should have spent a little bit more (like 40 or 50 bucks) and got a significantly better video card that would have lasted you a lot longer than that Nvidia card.

Its been fun this weekend. Noobs everywhere though! But thats ok, lots of new blood (Literally)

I really don't have any complaints about this game. I guess my biggest would be the inability to ban a jerk or a hacker... but even not having a server is easy enough to get around...just party-up.

Gameplay and balance is good. Occasionally tubes can get annoying etc, but thats like complaining about AWPS in CSS...theres always something, and tubes aren't really that big of a deal.

Its been fun this weekend. Noobs everywhere though! But thats ok, lots of new blood (Literally)

I really don't have any complaints about this game. I guess my biggest would be the inability to ban a jerk or a hacker... but even not having a server is easy enough to get around...just party-up.

Gameplay and balance is good. Occasionally tubes can get annoying etc, but thats like complaining about AWPS in CSS...theres always something, and tubes aren't really that big of a deal.

Tubes are a big deal in Hardcore S&D when you have some clown toobing into the spawn of the opposing team.

It is a fun game. however, I stopped playing. Biggest reason is because of no dedicated servers. I'll tell you guys this, get ready for a multitude of hacks that you can do nothing about. Aimbot that has intensity levels to it, wall hacks run rampant, airdrops in packs, and the best one of all is the aimbot gunner chopper. You'll know it when it comes, you spawn, you die, you spawn, you die, and it goes just like that until the chopper is gone.

A word to the wise for those of you who end up in a game where the other team are all clan members, get ready to lose badly. Those are one sided matches. When you run an invite to your friends and put them all on one team it stacks that side for game play. That entire team now has match advantage. Unless that team really sucks, your team is gonna lose badly. I like the game, I like the load outs for the weapons and all that, I feel they have ruined what could have been a great game.

Ive gone back to playing cod4 mw1. By the way, I don't feel that PC should have to pay for new maps, after what they did to this game and no dedicated servers, I think they should be free. Just my opinion ;)

I've got my setup all together now, able to use my 360 controller to play on my pc :) I actually do way better than with the mouse and keyboard! still not the same as being on an xbox but its close!

(edited)

It is a fun game. however, I stopped playing. Biggest reason is because of no dedicated servers. I'll tell you guys this, get ready for a multitude of hacks that you can do nothing about. Aimbot that has intensity levels to it, wall hacks run rampant, airdrops in packs, and the best one of all is the aimbot gunner chopper. You'll know it when it comes, you spawn, you die, you spawn, you die, and it goes just like that until the chopper is gone.

A word to the wise for those of you who end up in a game where the other team are all clan members, get ready to lose badly. Those are one sided matches. When you run an invite to your friends and put them all on one team it stacks that side for game play. That entire team now has match advantage. Unless that team really sucks, your team is gonna lose badly. I like the game, I like the load outs for the weapons and all that, I feel they have ruined what could have been a great game.

Ive gone back to playing cod4 mw1. By the way, I don't feel that PC should have to pay for new maps, after what they did to this game and no dedicated servers, I think they should be free. Just my opinion ;)

I agree that it can be very frustrating when you join a game and there is a cheater.. the only thing you can do is back out. However, playing in a party of 4-5-6 usually minimizes your chances of running into a hacker, as you get matched up against other parties of similar prestige level. It's also a completely different game when you are playing a party.. much more objective based.. we're at the point now where none of the guys we play with will waste time playing by themselves..

I implore you to give it another shot.. Add m2 shazz or myself on steam friends and hop in our party one night.

*EDIT - or blitzkreig, ZD, Shaft, Laz, etc.

btw - the fact that you die spawn die spawn when someone is in a chopper gunner could be due to 1-2 of the guys on your team not having cold blooded. I've yet to see an aim botter in the chopper gunner.. sometimes a waller that makes your cold blooded useless, but typically even a legit player can rack up 10-30 killers in the gunner, especially if opponents aren't using cold blooded.

Edited by mohawk

GC Alumni
(edited)

I just find this hilarious (Yes, I know the video was uploaded back near when the game came out). Just shows how much I hate matchmaking in general.

EDIT BY LAZ: Language warning in the video

sorry for no warning - jackie

[utube]z-QVT68JWvA[/utube]

Edited by JackieChan

Ive never run into anything even close to that. Once in a while (1 out of 10 or so) I wont find a good match before hitting high pings of 70+, so I just leave lobby and hit it again. I think the worst I ever had was maybe a full minute.

And yeah, I imagine toobs would really suck in a hardcore game, thats true.

Edited by Laz.e.rus

The free weekend was nice, the controls are very finicky and they definitely need to adjust them. As of now I think I'm going to stick with the 360 for mw2 Gaming, I may change my mind.. BUT I did have some luck getting my 360 controller to interface very well with it, someone with more time and patience may be able to fine tune it better. If anyone wants the program/config files PM me and let me know, It's pretty fun with the controller because you can sit back and play at your TV. (the aim stick which emulates mouse movement needs to be smoothed out)

XBOX LIVE ID: MmmWindex

STEAM ID: Windex.gc

New Vid card is sitting on my door step. :)

It isn't as bad as Primus's post makes it out to be. Yes, there are a lot of hacks available for the game and it is due to the lack of dedicated servers and Punk Buster. I say this because I've played a bit of Bad Company 2 as well and played on some servers with Punk Buster enabled and you would not believe the number of players being autobanned by PB due to Aimbots. There are more dedicated servers of BC2 without PB than there are with.

The game mode determines whether or not you are likely to be stuck with a hacker when playing MW2. TDM types of games will often times be ruined by a hacker. HQ is the same but not as bad in Hardcore mode. Search and Destroy games are the least likely. This is the case with all online games though. Hackers ALWAYS give themselves away; if not right away, they will in no time at all. The replays will show you how you died and if someone is wall hacking, you will know.

The matchmaking is a lot like Left 4 Dead. The difference is that there are no dedicated servers; the player with the best system and internet hosts the game on their computer. This can sometimes result in very interesting games because the hackers have found ways to hack the server piece. You will know if you are in a "hacked server."

Do not let these things ruin a good game though. The play style is completely different from that of Bad Company. The game is a lot more like a sequel to CS than any other combat type of game out there.