1.0.1 Live!

Flitterkill

More or less, starting and stopping while I debug DynMap (working at usual place but not pulling players, game time, or any movement/map updates)

Behold!

2011-12-29_13.12.jpg

2011-12-29_13.14.jpg

Topography as far as the eye can see.

spawn.PNG

Spawn is just at the base of the mountain in the middle. A safe from mobs lava pool is immediately (as in 5 seconds away) to the south (south east in the image)

GC Board Member

Dynmap: Working as usual, minus the web-to-game chat (as usual - developer will give it a kick, low priority - it's a IIS thing). New is that mobs display.

NoLagg: Behind the scenes tweaks mainly with chunk generation and caching. Transparent to you guys.

LagMeter: As before; /lag. If it shows 20, all is perfectly awesome; less not so much (means the server ain't hitting 20 fps anymore like it should).

DeathNotifier: Your deaths will be public and mocked.

GotLost: This is the go home plugin you all adore. Working just spiffy.

Anything else will wait for later or for San who will be taking control of this for the most part provided I can get him access.

Yes that means right now you can't alter the time or anything; if permissions are there they are like before (I think).

GC Board Member

Just a note - if you guys are doing a ton of exploring it will trigger a ton of rendering time for DynMap. Not sure if that is a problem but the cpu is getting pinned (well, one core is at least).

Might check sometime when a bunch are on with DM on and DM off and check the server load.

Just a note - if you guys are doing a ton of exploring it will trigger a ton of rendering time for DynMap. Not sure if that is a problem but the cpu is getting pinned (well, one core is at least).

Might check sometime when a bunch are on with DM on and DM off and check the server load.

When everyone first started jumping on dynmap was running pretty slow, but seems to be doing much much better now. Guess since most people have picked a home it settled down.

Thanks again FK, I forgot how much MineCraft can make me very very annoyed one moment and satisfied the next. It's a love-hate relationship.

btw why can't we see the mobs anymore? or is that one of the reason dynmap was running so slow in the first place?

GC Board Member

Fixed now. I'm thinking I had a not-altogether-happy build of DynMap on. Something bugged the server out at like 430am; wouldn't even shutdown correctly.

Patched in the latest DynMap build and cpu load is way down. As in back to where it should be (we were pinning the cpu when we got back up a few days ago)

Massive rendering ain't helping things but I suspect that was it. If the cpu loads are still down later this evening I'll reactivate the mobs view (yep - disabled it earlier trying to track the cpu use down)