Official 2012 GC Forums Questions and Comments Thread

Flitterkill

GC Alumni
(edited)
Also only 15 people counting me have read the explanation/new stuff topic :(

i'd send out an email announcement, but someone changed the locks on me. to quote someone smarter and better looking than me, :(

btw, i still have two different avatars. i feel lied to.

Screen Shot 2012-01-03 at 2.06.54 PM.png

Edited by stutters

Any idea what's the deal with bbcode and images now, or if it can be changed? When you use the bbcode editor, it doesn't show you the code, instead it just shows you the result, and I can't get a context menu on images anywhere (I guess to stop people from copying/saving images?).

I showed up here after the xmas break from online and my mind nearly explode from the changes. I am thankful that no matter how long i take leave from here, it remains active and welcoming.

keep up the good work!

• Like 1

GC Board Member

Lightswitch. The one in the top left corner of the editor. The one you click to revert to the old text/bbcode mode.

Testing image entry with this mode.

tech-prefixes.png

Yep, works fine, even switching back and forth. And hitting the switch to get to the underlying code means you can tweak the link, etc.

Yes both modes work but you can't use any of the bbcode buttons when the switch is off, so you can either see your real post (code) or use the buttons. Possibly just a new "feature" of IPB.

GC Board Member
(edited)

I don't even know where you did those things.

And yes, this is part of why people were... vocal... on the IPB forums.

This text input box is not IPB, they licensed it from someone else.

UPDATE: Re-enabled lightbox and tested with FireFox. Worked fine. Soooo...???

Also, will finish chit-chat tomorrow and start on the gaming forums. Gonna play some Diablo go make stutters dinner now...

Edited by stutters
<3
  • Like 1

GC Board Member

If you are flipping the light switch on the editor, yeah, I believe that is the expected behavior.

WYSIWYG drag and drop vs. code/text input only.

Also, in case anyone hasn't caught on yet, next to that light switch is an eraser . When in the default WYSIWYG mode, highlight whatever, and then click the eraser to remove all formatting. That is pretty nice.