I don't know where to post this

MPG1770

GC Server Admin

Happy to report.....

Just got back from the inital consultation before operation this Wednesday. There is a glimmer of hope - retina not damaged and is responding to light - still can't see though, but surgeon said that is down to the massive bruising - will have to wear an eye patch though for at least 3-6 weeks after operation.

Many thanks to you all for your kind words of comfort.

• Like 1

You have to get a parrot with the eye patch take a picture and show us or do a YouTube video of you on the piano with a hook singing a pirate song with a parrot on your shoulders. But none of that fake parrot stuff has to be real! Lol

GC Server Admin
(edited)

Out of hospital - in at 7am, operation 9am (2hours) - just got home (almost 3pm). 1st part of surgery - around eye - removing damaged tissue - x-ray/scan showed no damage to blood vessels around eye - follow up operation in 2weeks. Asked surgeon about having a 'zyborg' eye; he laughed and said it would be easier to do a cyclops one.

The best part was a decent sleep with anaesthetic; even better was the morphine after waking up lol.

Edited by MPG1770

Out of hospital - in at 7am, operation 9am (2hours) - just got home (almost 3pm). 1st part of surgery - around eye - removing damaged tissue - x-ray/scan showed no damage to blood vessels around eye - follow up operation in 2weeks. Asked surgeon about having a 'zyborg' eye; he laughed and said it would be easier to do a cyclops one.

The best part was a decent sleep with anaesthetic; even better was the morphine after waking up lol.

Just before going under with the anaesthetic I would have said these things:

(Its a Star Wars parody, so I hope you've seen the movies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=g0ffCICQ-bU#t=20s

GC Server Admin

I would like to start off by saying 'Eye-eye, Captain', but no and nor do I suspect the police will. The main reason being, is that here in the smaller rural communities, the policing is so inadequate and the CCTV which they rely on so much in the larger towns and cities are non-existent here.

On a lighter side, I got a phone call from my optician asking to go in for an eye-test. I went for the test and said, 'If you want, you can fit me up with a monocle and I'll come back in a month so you can do the other eye then'.