A Request for Auto Scramble on map change to be Removed!

paroxysm

Just to clear this up, I don't believe we ever implemented a team scramble on map change into the plugins. Jackie would have put a note in the Updates section of this forum but he never did. The way it scrambles, and the randomness of it was something I've thought the whole time to somehow be messed up in the plugin, perhaps from an update put out by Valve.

I don't think we ever intended for this to be happening, and perhaps Jackie has been looking into it. If not, Jackie look into it! Please....that is.

Another reason i think some coding is messed up is cuz anytime recently I tried swapping 2 players on teams, it ends up swapping like 90% of each team, instead of the 2 I selected.

Edited by samurai nightling

(edited)

Yea it's such a bother, it takes out too much fun.

I remember that night Nightling lol. I was suprise you confessed to 19 angry mobstas with guns on their hands. I would of stayed quiet @_@ lol

Edited by cecurity

In the Team Management plugin I wrote, scrambles, and team management, etc., are handled through SMART, such as the example of SMART below.

All of the kills, deaths, incaps, revives, times incapped, infected damage, survivor damage, rescue attempts, times respawned, etc., etc., etc. that any player ever makes is stored into a database.

When players are in-game, it takes all of the currently connected players and compares all of the stats, to determine where you place, rank-wise among the currently connected players.

If a scramble occurs (and they only occur if the scores are so far apart (default 400 points or more) at the start of a map that isn't the finale of a campaign, and it's a map where the previous map had a scramble) it then attempts to balance based on

player ranks, such as:

if there are 20 players, ranks 1 through 20, where 1 is the top ranked player , and 20 is the worst ranked player (please remember, that this isn't in relation to all players in the database, only to those currently in-game.)

It would then randomly decide which team assignments start on (either a or b, respectively survivor or infected)

and then it goes like this:

"Assign Rank 1 and Rank 20 players to survivor."

"Assign Rank 2 and Rank 19 players to infected."

"Assign Rank 3 and Rank 18 players to survivor."

etc., etc., etc.

This ensures that both teams have high-ranked, and low-ranked players.

The only downside is, that while the database is at an infant state, scrambles obviously aren't accurate, since it takes some play time for it to equalize player statistics.

At least, that's how I do it in my plugin.

Yeah, you can use any database to pull from, as long as the values you're comparing are logical.

If you wanted to take it a step further, you could calculate things like kills per hour, incaps per hour, damage per hour (survivor) , damage per hour (infected) , and even use those fine-tuned values to determine scrambles.

Essentially, the more in-depth the comparisons, the more accurate a scramble will be. Of course, there is no 100% guarantee, such as a new player like myself could join in, have no stats recorded, and the scramble would automatically assign me to be the worst player in the server. Effectively, it has to "learn." and it "learns" by reading variables.

GC Alumni
(edited)

The plugin(s) dealing with team swapping has been fixed/updated.

I haven't seen any issue with seemingly random scrambling, votescrambles not working, etc.

Edited by Biggs