Freaking Starbucks...

Flitterkill

Apparently if the coffee is hipster boutique, than that's alright, esp. if the "flavors" emerge from the roasting process.

no. no no no. the only flavor that should emerge during roasting is the origin. no hazlenut, no toffee.

jesus christ, i've only been in portland 7 months. look what i've become.

send help.

• Like 1

GC Board Member

Keurig tips:

1) Use filtered water. Period.

2) If for some reason you use the expensive k-cups on a regular basis (instead of an Eko-Cup and fill it yourself) you'll need to pre-puncture those things. K-cups are sealed with air; air pressure and altitude changes will make the interior pressurized. When you clamp the k-cup into place and the cup gets punctured, under pressure, the first pin to hit is the upper one. Which means the granulated/powdered coffee will be blown up into the water nozzle. Over time, this will cause it to gunk up, leading to less water movement, complaints returns, etc.

You just need to pop it, anywhere on the top, to relieve the pressure. That's all.

Apparently if the coffee is hipster boutique, than that's alright, esp. if the "flavors" emerge from the roasting process.

no. no no no. the only flavor that should emerge during roasting is the origin. no hazlenut, no toffee.

jesus christ, i've only been in portland 7 months. look what i've become.

send help.

I'm concerned. Not only that Portland is having this effect this quickly, but also that you jumped there straight from TEXAS.

You should have eased yourself into Portland by stopping off in Colorado for a few months or something. That jump is harsh.

Keurig tips:

2) If for some reason you use the expensive k-cups on a regular basis (instead of an Eko-Cup and fill it yourself) you'll need to pre-puncture those things. K-cups are sealed with air; air pressure and altitude changes will make the interior pressurized. When you clamp the k-cup into place and the cup gets punctured, under pressure, the first pin to hit is the upper one. Which means the granulated/powdered coffee will be blown up into the water nozzle. Over time, this will cause it to gunk up, leading to less water movement, complaints returns, etc.

You just need to pop it, anywhere on the top, to relieve the pressure. That's all.

Crazy didn't know that. As for the k-cups I bought my Keurig as I'm lazy and at 5am I want caffeine in the quickest least effort method(I've considered the caffeinated soap but I'm doubtful). Insert k cup, insert coffee cup, hate life for 2 minutes, drink coffee hate life slightly less.

Stutters apparently has random pics of Danny Tanner on his Desktop to post at random times on forum posts

that's stephen colbert. you're not a very good patriot.

1) Why is Stutters in Portland and when did he live in Texas?

i got hired by a company based in portland. when did i leave texas? 10 months too late (or april '12).

2) Why is Stutters taking pictures of Bearded men w/ no Shoes on in Coffee shops

hipsters gon hip.

3) Why does Madvillian love 7-11 more than Starbucks?

he values his money.

4) Why do Stutters & Flitter have random pictures of men on their computers to post on forums.

reddit + gimmebar.

5) Why does biggs exists in this forum?

6) Was lousiest serious about the coffee thing and not knowing about flavors?

yes, and i love him for it.

• Like 2

To be fair.. Lousiest lives in a shack and was raised by a cete of wild Honey Badgers, and just doesn't care about Coffee enough to know about the possible flavors. As for SJ... well, some things are best left unknown.

I can understand your confusion Chick82, It gets scary out here in the wilds of GC, where the oldies roam... its best to stay close to home.

Shaftiel

• Like 2

FIRST OFF! I know who Apollo Creed is, it was a joke, I actually loved him and cried when the Russia killed him. ALSO, Nickelback doesn't suck that bad, Creed is okay. Honestly I just turned 30! I did make an honest mistake w/ Colbert and Danny Tanner (but the younger version of Bob Saget & Colbert in that shot do look similar) Either way it's irrelevant.

Here's some facts for you: I've never seen Star Wars or Star Trek, I didn't know who the comic book creator guy was and I'm still not quite sure of his name, I hate the batman movies they freak me out, I like spiderman, never watched super man, and didn't know jack about x-men until x-men 3 came out, I've never seen the last harry potter or the first Lord of the Rings.

and if you drink coffee, you drink it from a keurig.