Housing the Lan, Housing you....

Fatty

Well, I think we're going to end up with a combination between Kemp's place and a hotel.

Right now Soul (thank him) is searching local hotels so we can get a conference room somewhere.

Country Inn & Suites (Cuyahoga Falls) or Holiday Inn (in Hudson) look to be possibilities.

I'd love to grab the HI, cause if you're driving inbetween it and Kemps, guess what's on that road? The infamous Tequila Panchos!

This way, if you want a hotel room, you got that. If you'd rather camp, you got that.

We will plan on staying together as a group, more or less (even if we have to carry some people) and spending some time socializing (at the pool, outdoors at Kemps, at Tequila Panchos, etc)

More to come soon.

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

I called the Sheraton....it may be a little pricy lol.

750 a day for the big room or 350 a day for a cramped room.

Not to worry - I have several other very good prices and Fatty also grabbed a good price from the Comfort Inn. Once I get good conference room rates then I will begin haggling on tossing in some hotel rooms for a cheap price.

I expect to get a price of 100 a day on the room and 40-50 per room for those that want to share or not camp out.

GC Founder

Holiday Inn: "You can't bring any of your own food or drink."

My response: "..."

Country Inn n Suites: This is funny: "You can have 24 hour access, but there are rooms around the meeting room, so after 11 PM you can't meet."

My response: "kthxbye"

What if WE rented those rooms all around there? Hmmm, might have to call the manager and ask....

The onyl concern i have with this is the fact that i wouldn't want us to all get seperated. Also would have to make sure our stuff is 120% safe if we leave it in the conference room.....wouldn't want to have to keep setting up.

I "might" be able to get deals on tents and such if we decide not to do the hotel thing. If needed the important people here know how to get ahold of me...LOL

GC Founder

Tents with fans, etc? We're back to the power thing again.

http://www.neo.rr.com/MetroParks/shelters-menu.html

No alcohol in park system. Ranger lets you in and out at open/close. I just can't see us stopping at 11 pm. Do we play during day, then go to kemps at night? Hmmm....

Holiday Inn: Perfect room, perfect location, but they have to catre. You can't bring your own drinks or snacks or food...at all from outside in any way. Kinda kills things IMO.

I have a lot of feelers out around here today, got all the people in my school thinking and looking for me.

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

My other idea while workin the hotels is a giant tent like mentioned in another post.

We can get, in Canton, a 20'x30' tent that will house all 50 of us on rectangular tables easy. It is not cheap though, it is 350 for the tent then another 30 to get one side available in case it rains. It would also be 22 bucks per fan for fans to create breezes.

Total price there would be 400 for total tent plus 45 for 2 fans....add in 300 for the guys property and we are at 745 total just to get going.

At 50 a person with 30 coming we have 1500 to spend so that is not too bad at all. We would need tables and chairs though because we will not want PC's on the ground.

GC Founder

I personally would love to see it ALL happen at Kemp's, but the electricity is holding us back. Too hot? Game at night, swim during the day.

The question is: generators and how many/ how loud?

Kemp's looks nice, but

Cons:

Heat, electricity (biggest problem right now), potty(90 degrees doesn't smell that good), i can't play during the day, rain...

Pros:

The things i like:

Campin, pool, tennis, we can throw Fatty in the pond, :P, a better environment, no hotel security, BBQ, bring all the food and drink we want. Throw Wilco in the pond, bonfires...

Alright, just talked to a company to rent a power generator.

4600Watt would run $40 a day

12,000Watee would run $65/day

If we were to get the 12,000watt one, that should run us fine with using a little bit of power from the house too. Slaes rep said he doesn't have any kind of dB readings, but they aren't loud at all, especially the higher end ones cause they have better mufflers on them.

Kemp's looks nice, but

Cons:

Heat, electricity (biggest problem right now), potty(90 degrees doesn't smell that good), i can't play during the day, rain...

Pros:

The things i like:

Campin, pool, tennis, we can throw Fatty in the pond,  :P, a better environment, no hotel security, BBQ, bring all the food and drink we want.  Throw Wilco in the pond, bonfires...

ok so me and fatty are going to thik of something special to do with magruter.....like HE tennis on the courts ;)

honestly...im looking at this as a vacation with the benefits of CS and meeting my on-line buddies...im definately in no matter the place or the costs....

also the pros definately outweigh the cons in the quoted post in my opinion especially the no hotel security part ;)

GC Founder

If Sheraton goes through, we get spoiled completely! During the day on Saturday, we'll lock the conference room, etc, and hang out over at Kemps, then it's back over to the Sheraton in the evening for some serious lack of sleep (prolly the second night in a row).

If all else fails, I have room for a few guys...(Minus 339 and Chamber :) beside 339 lived with me for like 3 years ;))

Right now I have on a TENATIVE, NOT CONFIRMED BUT MAYBES AND THEIR STATUS WONT CHANGE TILL DAY OF LAN OR THEY TELL ME OTHERWISE...wow big title... :

Wilco

ForSakenSoul

Whiplash (You have my blessings)

Linch

if the above stay it'll be pretty cramped, but they are welcome to stay as long as needed.

And if one fails to show, I can squeeze more in.