What are your opinons on life?

Guest Exe.Hallucination

Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guests

I dont think there is a point in life so I want to know what you guys think. My life is pretty worthless. I know your are probally thinking I am psycho and I am starting to think that to. I have been thinking about life to much.

I think they'res plenty of point to life.......it's just hard to understand.......

the best way to appreciate life.......is make yourself......then once you do it enough it'll come naturally........go out and just sit on a park bench and watch nature.......it may bore you at first but eventually you'll enjoy it.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

the point of life is to make your soul one with the good.

you can do this by following the 4 virtues of philosphy and the 3 virtues of christinity.

its hard at first to follow the virtues and may very well take you until your 50

but when you reach the right point you will have spirtual awakening and the good will be one with you.

I LOVE LIFE!!!!!

I enjoy working (well kinda) :D But i enjoy getting home after work loggin on and visiting with all my friends in the community. I enjoy eating food... Pushing 220 right now, I enjoy food a little too much, damn sweet tooth... ;) I love nature, Listen to playaa, it's the best thing to do, i enjoy fishing, try to go ever weekend. Golfing is great, now that the weather is nice, FORE!!!!!! One of my favorites is driving with all four windows rolled down on a beautiful day. Oh yeah, my dog makes my life better.

Life is about finding what you enjoy what you LOVE, how do you spend your freetime??? If it's thinking about life, GREAT. But only think in the positive, Negative thoughts, ack, life's too short.

Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guests

agreed. I mean u are going to die eventually why not sooner. And a couple of days ago my friend took her life and that alone killed me. I dont know how much longer I can take of this thing you guys called life. I mean you are born then you die. you have children and then they die. So basically u were put on this earth to die. :(

Guest Catalyst
Guest Catalyst
Guest Catalyst
Guests

If you are having problems finding a place in life, I suggest you go to your local library and find a book on Buddhism. Buddhists believe in cyclic existence (an uninterrupted cycle of death and rebirth). By practicing the Buddhist path to liberation and enlightenment, however, you can destroy self-grasping, thereby liberating yourself from the cycle of uncontrolled rebirth and attaining a state of perfect peace and freedom.

If this interests you I suggest you read Eight Steps to Happiness by Geshe Kelsang or even Buddhism for Dummies. If you are a Christian there are even books that combine the religions.

Just something to think about :)

And a couple of days ago my friend took her life and that alone killed me. I dont know how much longer I can take of this thing you guys called life.

I mean you are born then you die. you have children and then they die. So basically u were put on this earth to die. :(

for the first, i dont see why anyone would want to die? I mena when your dead its over, nothing at all..when your alive, no matter how bad you feel or how poor you are, you have something.....

second, If you understand science and the way organism's have been behaving for the last ever, you would understand that their main purpose is to reproduce and we an organism just like any other creature. I think people start thinking about this stuff much and confuse theirselves....Just paay attention in your biology, religion, and philosphy classes and you might not worry about this kinda stuff anymore.

Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guests
If you are having problems finding a place in life, I suggest you go to your local library and find a book on Buddhism.  Buddhists believe in cyclic existence (an uninterrupted cycle of death and rebirth).  By practicing the Buddhist path to liberation and enlightenment, however, you can destroy self-grasping, thereby liberating yourself from the cycle of uncontrolled rebirth and attaining a state of perfect peace and freedom.

If this interests you I suggest you read Eight Steps to Happiness by Geshe Kelsang or even Buddhism for Dummies.  If you are a Christian there are even books that combine the religions.

Just something to think about  :)

I am catholic. Actually that is a really good idea. I will check into that asap. thx catalyst

Life is hard....full of ups and downs....sometimes lots of downs ....but to every negative you can find or obtain a positive if you try hard enough...poop isnt always easy....and more so than not it wont be.

Make relationships and believe in yourself....things will always come around to roadblock you...but the feeling of getting past it is so well worth it no matter how hard or long it takes.

(edited)
So basically u were put on this earth to die. :(

You were put on earth to do as much as you can before you die. I have had two close friends murdered and my favorite uncle. When I was in third grade my friend was waiting at the buss stop and a Vietnamese coke-head roughed him up for his lunch money. My friend was in third grade and only had two bucks and some change. For this, my friend was stabbed to death thirty something times while he waited to go to school.

Not long after that my favorite uncle was walking across a busy Houston street with a couple of friends. A car slammed on its brakes and several guys got out and confronted my uncle and his friends. One guy pulled a knife and motioned to one of my uncle's friends, and the other guy blew my uncle's brains in twisted act of random unprovoked violence.That was a very wierd time in my life because we lived in a pretty nice area and I had not been too conscious of those things at that young age.

Then I went away to military school for high school and I left behind a friend, Craig. Craig was shot to death in the head with 4 rounds from a .38 revolver by a guy that had been on our wrestling team. The guy had started dealing coke in weight and "wanted to know what it was like." We were family friends with the head of detectives and she was there for the interrogation and told me a lot about it all. The murderer and two of his buddies took Craig to a downtown park and got out to take a leak. It was all planned out. Craig got out and he just shot him dead.

I've had losses and they are horrible. It hurts. The loss of love and a broken heart from a girl hurts, too. So bad. I've been there and can only tell you that I've been hurt too. I don't know how you feel, but I have felt pain and loss of my own. And I am not going to try and tell you that the religion that helps so many people is the only answer. I won't bring religion into it, but it does help a lot of people and it is something to consider.

What I will share, is that the pain that you're feeling now is going to make the first kiss from the next girl taste like the sweetest, coolest slice of fresh peach ever. One time while you're out doing something like riding a bike or swimming or even running you'll feel this rage bubble up inside you and push you so hard that you think your lungs are going to burst and when you stop the adrenaline will have dried your throat and make your lips tremble. Maybe you'll cry for the pain and loss, but you'll remember that you're alive and it is worth it.

You can ask LongHair about my deadbeat dad. I don't know anything about your family, but it sounds like it makes you sad. Mine too. For me, everything I've done on my own makes me prouder than I think I'd feel if my dad had done it for me. You can find family in your friends, and youll find love in another girl. Spend some time outside and exhaust yourself physically. I have no problem with drinking or other things for fun, but I can guarantee you that they are a very bad idea that will do nothing but harm at a time like this. I'd encourage you to stay away from them and find some peace in just being an alright person.

Man, it's all perspective. Yours will change when your luck does. But the good things never tasted as good before some bad things. My advice is to lick your wounds, work out the pain physically, and realize that nobody has only bad things happen when they're looking for good things. Do something good for someone without even expecting a thank you. Remember the good times with your friend and not just that she's gone. Do her memory justice by remembering more than how she left and that she's gone. Be patient in waiting for another love. Know that things are going to be just fine, and that you'll appreciate the little things more. The little things are worth living for. The big ones are just presents. Another girl will come along and steal your heart and you'll forget all about this post.

Take care of yourself,

j

Edited by Chief

There are 2 certainties in life, death and change. But to put it simply, life is what you make it. The best thing you can do is learn from change to make yourself a better person. Yes, death is an eventuality, but one has to expect that, and I have found that when someone puts there faith in something (whatever it may be, mine would be Christ) they are more focused and at peace, with themselves and their surroundings. It doesn't give you much time to dwell on death, but to decide what to do with your life.

Plus I have never been to good at quitting at anything, it's not in my nature to give up.

(edited)

I figure there are two schools of thought for living.

One, there is a higher power worth trying to please and live for. You will find yourself in eternity with God in happiness. I personally believe in God because I have ahad too many moments where it would be hard to deny his existance!

Two, even if you dont believe in God, here it is...life is basically kinda poopty. We live for the "moments". The moment you have had a terrible day and you are driving home and see the most beautiful sunset of your life.

The moment you make a totally new friend who somehow understands you...you have a beer and take off and think, damn thats cool, I made another friend.

The moment you spend a day with your brother and your Dad and think, I am glad to have shared this time with the people who mean the most to me in this world.

The moment you have had a tough week, you get off for the weekend, buy yourself a pizza and some beer and game for 7 hours straight, and goto bed in a nice warm bed saying "that was fun".

Life can also be all about those little moments, just dont take them for granted and realize that there will be lots of good moments to come! :)

Edited by gOOters