Tanks

Fenix

So after tonight's match, we ended up killed 15 tanks in 1 round...what the hell?

Solution:

Limit tanks to 5 (bought) per round or up their price to 75 pts, and up their health? This may help to fix the fail-tank situation, as well as avoiding the tank spamming.

I think the issue you're driving towards is that recently, rounds have been taking much (much, much) longer. I agree, this has definitely been the case recently! I don't think the solution is to limit the number of tanks, nor to increase the cost of tanks.

Also, I don't like putting a limitation to the number of tanks per round. I can think of one big reason at the moment: Once your team 'runs out' of tanks, all points earned by SI players essentially become only usable for witches. It's bad enough only having two options for spending points, I'd hate saving up 50 (or 75) points only to have one of my teammates buy the last tank before I get my chance.

I think the reason that rounds take so long now is due to some new ways the Survivors can earn points (a couple new achievements recently, and also assist points). Round time used to be an enemy for the survivors, meaning generally that the longer a round takes, the less chance the Survivors have to make it to the safe room. Points being earned faster now, the balance between infected/survivors is out of whack, allowing a survivors team to take an incredibly slow pace through a level and earn enough points to have no issues.

It may be time to inflate the !buy menu costs to account for these new ways to earn points. Or it may be that I'm going crazy and there's something else causing these long rounds.

I agree with Biggs. Survivors have been a little overpowered lately. I never see a match end without a tank anymore, while before it happened all the time.

Perhaps remove some achievements for the survivors, or add some for the infected? Or lessen the points gained with achievements for survivors (from 5 to 3 for example)?

I also have another possible idea: since having 1 bot in your team can be quite a handicap, and it gets left behind 90% of the time, is there a way to half the points gained by hitting a bot?

Perhaps remove some achievements for the survivors, or add some for the infected? Or lessen the points gained with achievements for survivors (from 5 to 3 for example)?

It's much easier to think up achievements for survivors than it is for infected.

I also have another possible idea: since having 1 bot in your team can be quite a handicap, and it gets left behind 90% of the time, is there a way to half the points gained by hitting a bot?

Yes, this can be done.

It's much easier to think up achievements for survivors than it is for infected.

In hindsight, lessening the survivor points somehow would be a better solution, as there is clearly no shortage on tanks each round.

More like an annoyance

After the round was over, everyone pretty much quit.

To me, making it to the saferoom after killing about 15 tanks is the most fun you can have in this game, right after killing SI with a tank after the round's done.

Edited by TheDude
  • Like 2

So after tonight's match, we ended up killed 15 tanks in 1 round...what the hell?

Solution:

Limit tanks to 5 (bought) per round or up their price to 75 pts, and up their health? This may help to fix the fail-tank situation, as well as avoiding the tank spamming.

just 15? thats it? i remember playing a round for 45 mins with 22 tanks... and i was on the survivor side.... that was epic... had the best time playing that night... so challenging it was great.

Yeah 15 is pretty normal now-a-days. I played a game about a week ago with Gravity Kitty... don't remember how many tanks, but we defibbed probably 20 times, the round took almost an hour and was sooo fun just to see if we'd make it and we did. Actually, infected kept buying witches. There had to have been 50 witches in the entire map. I think I killed almost 700 common.

• Like 2

Everyone left that round because it got late and the next round was that last one before the Dead Air finale. Only 2 survivors made it from either side.

It was actually a pretty fun round, both survivor teams gave up a ton of points to spit and high pounces.

Edited by Lookback

I think it would be cool if we can buy something as infected that would blind the survivors for 10 - 15 seconds, of course it would be the cost of a tank, or more if it's to OP. And as survivors we could buy something that would stop infected from spawning for 25 - 30 seconds, and kill all currently spawned infected. Seems pretty OP but not with a very high point cost. I'm not even sure if this is even possible, but it would be cool to have something like this.

I think it would be cool if we can buy something as infected that would blind the survivors for 10 - 15 seconds, of course it would be the cost of a tank, or more if it's to OP. And as survivors we could buy something that would stop infected from spawning for 25 - 30 seconds, and kill all currently spawned infected. Seems pretty OP but not with a very high point cost. I'm not even sure if this is even possible, but it would be cool to have something like this.

Maybe to blind the survivors, boomer bile everyone? Like buy a blind that booms everyone...?

The boomer blind i can deal, as long as the cost is high enough.

The infected spawn stop, no way. Would just make those last few ever-so-important feet to the saferoom pointless.

I think the only real way to do it is to cut the number of points Survivors for all (some, most, etc) of the times they can get points.

For example:

Headshots only count 1 point (instead of 2)

Protecting a Teammate is 1/4 point (instead of 1)

Achievements get 2 or 3 points (instead of 5)

etc.

That would require the least changes code-wise, and would be decent gauge to start with - to see the effect it would have overall.

Yeah 15 is pretty normal now-a-days. I played a game about a week ago with Gravity Kitty... don't remember how many tanks, but we defibbed probably 20 times, the round took almost an hour and was sooo fun just to see if we'd make it and we did. Actually, infected kept buying witches. There had to have been 50 witches in the entire map. I think I killed almost 700 common.

YYES! I loved that game. I told everyone not to buy tanks, they were so good but couldn't hold it. 2 or 3 tanks came in but you guys were nuts with the defibs. It was hilarious.

I really wish we could have a scenario where witches just keep spawning like that for a whole campaign, no tanks allowed just an absurd number of witches. :)

The boomer blind i can deal, as long as the cost is high enough.

The infected spawn stop, no way. Would just make those last few ever-so-important feet to the saferoom pointless.

Yeah 30 points for everyone boomed? That's reasonable

I think you guys are just realizing how crucial it is to have people know choke points as SI. It's easy to just walk in the front as a survivor not knowing how to play at all and breeze by. For SI, it takes everyone knowing what's up.

This is the problem, new players, not how the game is setup.

Games are determined by the weakest link, this is a fact. If survivors have 2 new players and infected have 0, infected will win, etc.

I think you guys are just realizing how crucial it is to have people know choke points as SI. It's easy to just walk in the front as a survivor not knowing how to play at all and breeze by. For SI, it takes everyone knowing what's up.

This is the problem, new players, not how the game is setup.

Games are determined by the weakest link, this is a fact. If survivors have 2 new players and infected have 0, infected will win, etc.

Well as long as those 2 players have a bunch of good players covering them, it's usually not a problem, I got through that all the time.

GC Board Member
(edited)

lol and I'm already too cheap to buy an AK immediately because whenever I do, one is found on the map almost immediately.

I still vote for smoker whip (but I thought I heard it was impossible anyway) and honest blinding bile would be pretty cool too.(Though anytime I'm biled I'm pretty much blind anyway.)

Edited by looneypumpkin