whats the beer situation

Kurtz

Good question.

Tell you what, after I get the site nailed down and get the exact prices, I'll do some more calculations based on the entry fee. If we have extra money, then by all means we will use it for something that the majority will take advantage of. A keg at Kemp's would make a lot of sense as it would save a lot of cleanup.

Or, we could do both and everyone brings their own keg! :)

Both are ales. Ones called an American Light (yet to be brewed) and the other is a german beer that should be like a pale ale. Both are darker and have a stronger flavor than your average lager, i.e. Budweiser types. It's my first experiment with this german malt. My past have mostly been lighter colored varieties, although I just finished off the last of an amber ale batch that was really good. If you like store bought darker beers, you'll likely think these beers are good. I usually drink em at basement temperature (that's where they're stored) and they're quite good that way.

Well, it appears this German malts gonna end up being a cider tasting ale, like a hard cider. It just has that aroma while it's fermenting, but I'll know for sure at bottling time. Gonna hafta plan on yet another batch. Maybe do that amber ale again (find myself wishing I still had some of that left).

++SexyTyme++ Posted on Apr 30 2003, 07:59 PM

shiner, rolling, or coors are probably the top 3 beers in that order

I agree those are three of my fave's as well! I would be willing to say that Rolling Rock is a little out of the scope of your typical college kid :P<_< I like shiner alot too. Coors is prolly my favorite common beer. I dont like too many dark beers, but I am a HUGE fan of less bitter darks like 1554.

I also have never had a home brewed that I liked. Brewing your own palatable ale ids a tall order, imho

Um...ok...college kid.

:huh:

Ok, I rescind that...most of those beers are pretty decent. College kid beer is (and Rooster love's) stuff like Nasty Lite, Southpaw Lite, and the Beast Lite. Sorry ST. I should have just said I prefer the darker beers myself (can anyone say Guiness?).

(edited)

Linch, Whiplash, Soul. You guys gotta bring some canadian beer for me to try!!!

how about I bring two kegs and not have to pay an entry fee :)

Edited by NOFX