abused?

i got kicked several times yesterday from tropolis for apparently "team stacking."

Scenario: I was the first to get into the game, the map was aim_warehouse. Several rounds later, the T's were winning something like 18-5. I was doing pretty well with a 22-4 score. I asked mad bean to switch with me but both teams were full, so it was impossible.

Suddenly i was kicked by console. I thought it was a connection problem or something like that. So i reconnected, auto-assigned to the terrorists, and started playing again. Then mrX (i think) said to quit team stacking and kicked me again. So i rejoined again, sat and waited for 15 mins to join the CT's but the ct team was full. I jumped on the T's and i got kicked after the first round.

I dont believe i deserved this. Could it be out of frustration? Maybe. I dont know, but i need an explanation.

BTW: please check the logs, and you will see.

We have started taking a pre-active approach to this problem due to a large amount of 'complaining' about it. Now I dont know what happened in this situation. So I cannot address it specifically. But we need to make sure that 'teambalance' is off (thought it was) so you can do our bidding ;). Please be patient with us. It will take awhile to correct what has become a growing problem with our server.

Well, this is more of a problem then I thought.

Teams were horrendous. First, I tried switching a couple people around, only to have it slay them, apparently b/c of the mp_limitteams cvar. I switched that using rcon to 0. Still noone switched. It got worse. So I booted you. Came back, I know you sat as a spec for some time cuz of that map, but then you were back on T again. Booted. You were booted a 3rd time before you came back and finally let us know it would not let you join CT. After that you weren't booted again.

I guess all I can say is beware. I've taken to regularly trying to balance teams more b/c of some comments lately. If it's only letting you join a stacked team when you come in, make that be known. I obviously would not have kicked you had I known some glitch was keeping you from joining CT. Speaking of needing an explanation, guess I needed an explanation of why you came in and joined an obviously stacked team 2x? ;) (BTW, this should be fixed now and not an excuse anymore). :ph34r:

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests
(edited)

i just make it a rule of thumb to switch when i die, but sometimes its impossible when the teams are 10 v 8 and the people with 8 are destroying. I really could care less about stats or how I do in pub, its just annoying if your havin a good game and you get slayed to even the teams. I want that killstreak record and half my streaks arent even up there. I had 37 on train, but still it never made it there. :(

::edit::

i just noticed I have fastest kpm after last night late night icy fun :o

Edited by Mossad

(edited)

I can vouch for Draco somewhat. Evenwithout him the Ts were owning. And its true in order for the teams to be switched would mean 3 poeple would have to go spec while you switched.

Edited by Zeabos

I'm not unsure, here's why:

You can NEVER force a guy to make 2 team changes in a round......5life overrides that. So, a guy joins, you try to move him, it's just like him trying to make a second move...won't work.

Actually that wasn't the case fat, but that is one scenario where it won't work. The other is when the mp_limitteams cvar is reached.

I found the 'glitch' here and must say I got some egg on my face:

server console (cmdline "mp_teamlimit 0")

server console (cmdline "limitteams 0")

So it never got un-set from the numbers-stacking setting, and amx_ct was just slaying and not working. I was thinking it wasn't let me change the cvar on-the-fly after I looked at it later. My fault. Sorry. 8P)

So I guess it's not so much abuse as it is Mag-like typing skills. :ph34r: