Summer jams

Allanon

(edited)

Summer's finally here. Well it has for a little bit, but I just finished classes because my school in Chicago goes forever and I think it's time to start blasting them summertime jams. So what are some good new albums that you guys will be blasting on your Walkmen?

Here's what I've been putting on repeat so far

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

The Strokes - Comedown Machine

Queens of the Stone Age- ...Like Clockwork

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City

The National - Trouble Will Find Me

Portugal. The Man - Evil Friends (Seriously give it a listen, unbelievably good)

well that's all I can think of for now.

Edited by Allanon

I was gonna say QOTSA, but you beat me to it.

Imagine Dragons: really liked their two singles, haven't checked out the CD yet though

It's good, very poppy nothing lasting but great for chilling out on a sunny day.

Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here (I was unsure how I'd feel about this album but I'm on my 7th listen through after grabbing it, I'm really enjoying it so far)

So far 2013 hasn't awed me with its music releases yet...

I share all my tastes in music with this post. My fav single so far is My God is the Sun by QoTSA and Out of Time by the new Stone Temple Pilots.

Also i started to listen Editors - The Weight of your love and Barney and Friends - Greatest Hits.

I downloaded Daft Punk's Random Access Memories and honestly it was a huge let down to me. Almost the entire album is slow paced, which I know some of their songs have been in the past, but I'm more of a fan of the faster harder stuff, such as Brainwasher. I can understand half the album being slow, and half fast but not the whole thing. I love Daft Punk, and the album made me sad.

I downloaded Daft Punk's Random Access Memories and honestly it was a huge let down to me. Almost the entire album is slow paced, which I know some of their songs have been in the past, but I'm more of a fan of the faster harder stuff, such as Brainwasher. I can understand half the album being slow, and half fast but not the whole thing. I love Daft Punk, and the album made me sad.

Then you don't know why they made this album :P One of my favorite albums this year actually

I've never listened to a Daft Punk song :D

I've just been listening to my usual post-hard/metalcore/christian rock. Stuff like Emery, Relient K, The Devil Wears Prada, (early) Thrice, Matchbook Romance, August Burns Red, The Classic Crime. I have almost 3000 songs on my Ipod, but I mostly listen to the same 200-300 songs over and over :P