NFL Week Eight Open Thread and so on...

Flitterkill

An early start because of if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...

My three primary drafted wides. Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Mike Williams.

Gone, gone, and now it's reported that Mike Williams (TB) has a torn hamstring which is why he's sucked the last few weeks. And slotted for IR probably now.

Brutal.

I'm getting killed by Bye weeks and Doug Martin. Not been a fun week. I have no idea what I was thinking trusting Roethlisberger to have ONE DECENT WEEK while Luck was on bye. That said, I have a wealth of pretty good receivers, so at least I'm not in FK's boat.

W00t, don't call it a comeback!

*crosses fingers Hauschka can hold off Russell Wilson and Zac Stacy*

Going into the season, I thought my GC #2 team was going to struggle and GC #1 team would dominate. Having a decidedly opposite feeling at the moment.

Its still anybodys game. Half way through the season/ or little over and nobody has ran away with any playoff spots yet in League #2

League#1 Two just distances himself from the field beating Twice Lucky who was 2nd place and on his heels. Reomet and Lookbackers Join Twice in a tie record wise for second place

Week 9 Matchups of Note

League #1 6 play off spots 5 games to go.

Reomet vs Lookbacker in a battle of 5 win teams

TbT(bah still 5 top 5 scorer but #1 in points against!) vs Tirtul both teams at 2 wins I'm thinking loser of this one is out of the playoff race and thing would need to win 4 out of last 5 to have a chance at the playoffs.

League 2...... 4 playoff spots 6 games to go

lol to many to name. With a 4 man playoff things are gonna get very interesting

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

Well, looks like I can't go much further in league #1 without making moves. My starting line up is awful, with a hurt QB, Pitt's DEF, and frickin Chris Givens at WR next week. Might finally make use of my #1 waiver wire status :)

Though I managed to win this week without a QB and a RB, so maybe I can manage with only 8 players a week... >__>

Edited by Pronouncemyname

Who is Bush League? It doesn't seem like they are playing any longer. In the mean time I'm getting my butt whooped.

didn't set lineup? Hmm Biggs didn't set his this past week I looked at His bench He had a good QB there but nothing else at all wouldha had to drop 2-3 and pick 2-3 to fill his team out this past week/

(edited)

Yeah, I'm Twice Lucky in League #1, and the "on his heels" thing definitely feels accurate. Didn't help that my QB1, WR1, and RB1 were all on bye this week and I had to start Doug Martin's backup on an already crappy TB offense. Injuries and poorly coordinated byes have made it a challenge.

I thought I would get crushed by pronouncemyname in league #1 this week, but annoyingly Vick getting hurt and turning in a .34 and Murray sitting out and turning in a 0 gave me hope of an epic comeback. Then Roethlisberger happened, the Jags ignored their best receiver for the second week in a row, my TE gets hurt, and Calvin Johnson goes absolutely bonkers and I suffer a loss more stinging than losing 123-80. Why do I play this game again?

I also can't believe that the 10 team league has 6 playoff spots and the 12 team league only has 4. Good lord.

Edited by boiler

Yeah, I'm Twice Lucky in League #1, and the "on his heels" thing definitely feels accurate. Didn't help that my QB1, WR1, and RB1 were all on bye this week and I had to start Doug Martin's backup on an already crappy TB offense. Injuries and poorly coordinated byes have made it a challenge.

I thought I would get crushed by pronouncemyname in league #1 this week, but annoyingly Vick getting hurt and turning in a .34 and Murray sitting out and turning in a 0 gave me hope of an epic comeback. Then Roethlisberger happened, the Jags ignored their best receiver for the second week in a row, my TE gets hurt, and Calvin Johnson goes absolutely bonkers and I suffer a loss more stinging than losing 123-80. Why do I play this game again?

I also can't believe that the 10 team league has 6 playoff spots and the 12 team league only has 4. Good lord.

Yeah but look how exciting the race for those 4 spots is gonna be Yo u have 3 guys 2 wins above all and then a whole buch of 4/ 3 wins battling it out right behind them

I feel like my stubbornness is going to kill me in league #1. I really don't want to make any moves the whole season, just to see if its possible to win a league with an autodrafted team :wacko:

Chris Givens and I both think this is an excellent idea.

• Like 1

in my defense, when i set up the league, i had it set to 6 playoff teams because i had it planned on being a 12 man league. later i moved the cap down to ten, and just forgot to change the playoff spots to 4. that being said, and being in 7th place in that particular league, I am happy i made that mistake :D I still plan on winning both leagues!

• Like 1