Suggestion For firework crates and gas cans.

GummyBear

I know they are overpowered what i mean is do we still need to take damage of our own fireworks? or can it be modified for less damage?

Or even possibly no damage at all. Since we are only using 5 of them. 

Edited by GummyBear

I think that is part of the price you pay for being able to spam an area with fire. I hate crates when I am a tank. If they didn't have to worry about damage it would be even worse. Because unless I am really desperate, I always make sure I have a safe place to back off to when I light them.

• Like 1

I always make sure I have a safe place to back off to when I light them.

pesonaly, i just YOLO it and hope for the best. also known as PLZ DONT SMOKE ME YET.

also, always spawn FW crates at safe whit leftover points.

might as well laid down for a bit after playing ROUNDABOUT RUNING SIMULATOR 09'

Throwing bile on yourself in single player mode has no effect on the player, so I say keep it as it is. Since all it does is summon a horde either to pummel each other or the SI if it's been hit. Once that bile effect is gone, you have one huge horde to deal with on top of everything else.

Fireworks at the moment is fine. If you think about it, technically survivors have a total of 50 firework crates to throw down if every player buys all 5. This method forces the player to plan ahead and be more decisive on when to use it.

• Like 2

Fireworks at the moment is fine. If you think about it, technically survivors have a total of 50 firework crates to throw down if every player buys all 5. This method forces the player to plan ahead and be more decisive on when to use it.

Other than limiting the fireworks spam at the end of levels, this was pretty much what I was trying to accomplish.

Well since we are talking about fireworks, is there a possibility that your fireworks are only for you and nobody else?. Because I've seen that people complain about getting their fireworks shot by other players on purpose or by mistake. It seems a little bit unfair that you spend 4 pts  and other player just shoot it and you are left without any points from commons and SI.

So I suggest that when you buy fireworks, you receive the pts and ff from them but still everyone can shoot them. This is because when you are dropping them a SI can attack you or you could be biled and you cannot ignite your fireworks. Sorry for my english  :smileyb:

• Like 1

Well since we are talking about fireworks, is there a possibility that your fireworks are only for you and nobody else?. Because I've seen that people complain about getting their fireworks shot by other players on purpose or by mistake. It seems a little bit unfair that you spend 4 pts  and other player just shoot it and you are left without any points from commons and SI.

So I suggest that when you buy fireworks, you receive the pts and ff from them but still everyone can shoot them. This is because when you are dropping them a SI can attack you or you could be biled and you cannot ignite your fireworks. Sorry for my english  

this a thousnd times, i have shoot other people's FWs by mistake/panic far too many times, i'd try to give points back to user but its far too hard to do so in the midle of the game.

then again, if whoever bought it gets charged a mile away the crate would just sit there unusued.

if it ever gets implemented (i bet its lots of work) it should had a short lock timer, like 3 or 2 seconds.

Edited by anzul
  • Like 1

When I am down or getting hit by a tank, I usually yell out for someone to shoot my fireworks.

As far as damage to survivors, it would be a mess if it damaged all survivors. The game already gets people constantly getting angry at others (over very small situations), imagine if people were setting off fireworks in tight areas that would do damage to the 9 other people??  We don't have friendly fire on for our weapons, we shouldn't have it on for the fireworks or fire.

• Like 1

When I am down or getting hit by a tank, I usually yell out for someone to shoot my fireworks.

As far as damage to survivors, it would be a mess if it damaged all survivors. The game already gets people constantly getting angry at others (over very small situations), imagine if people were setting off fireworks in tight areas that would do damage to the 9 other people??  We don't have friendly fire on for our weapons, we shouldn't have it on for the fireworks or fire.

that reminds me, could it be done so that the GL shot goes trough survivors like normal weapons?

one too many times i have tried to shoot an infected only to have someone  run in front of me and get a load of damage to myself.

(although its mostly my fault when it happens lol)

and also, i think i have shoot my own fireworks while incaped a couple times, it hapened whit the deagle both times iirc.

People would just use that to grief.

could always ban the griefers if they are abusing the fireworks

Anyways, I think this is the best countermeasure against how absurdly OP fireworks are against the horde and the tank.

that would be chaotic as hell

admins would have to go trough the console logs only to se who shot it, each and every time. then it would come the arguing to see if it was justified.

I understand what you're saying, but my argument would be that fireworks and gas cans are not meant to be set off in narrow corridors or choke points, but that they should be used to manipulate combat areas to survivors' advantage. And people need to know that, if someone makes the mistake of setting off fireworks in a narrow corridor, then too bad, your entire team has to wait out the entire duration or take minor damage going through it.

At any rate, I still think survivors should be very precise as to when and where to set off fire aoes, as opposed to setting them off mindlessly. I mean, we are already somewhat conscious about how overpowered they can get, why not do it properly once and for all?