H1Z1 early access 3 days......whos in?

turnbullTeRRoR

server has to have a certain pop for air drops to be allowed and the loot is random in it...so   you could be buying to supply enemies....its risky business

For the record: The idea that this is the same as "buying guns" is stupid. The game has more issues than most alphas I've played but if you're an intelligent human being don't buy into this "They lied about P2W boycott h1z1" garbage. Air drops are taken directly from Rust and were arguably the hardest way to get gear unless you were very lucky.

I'm not super pumped about the game right now but we will see what happens.

My experience:

Item population is extremely low which I'm sure will be fixed but until it is there isn't much to do. I played for over an hour searching 2 residential areas as well as one of the games larger towns. I opened about 30 containers and found 1 strip of cloth. Seeing as its a game about crafting/combat/survival there wasn't much going on since nobody had a weapon, crafting supplies, or food.

Since crafting and finding cool stuff wasn't an option I figured I would explore with the map Turnbull sent me but that wasn't fun either. The different areas aren't very interesting since most buildings are empty and house interiors are mostly the same. even the dam which seemed to be the maps sort of "big location" didn't have anything to offer. I remember Infestation having a much more interesting map to explore.

About the response online:

I'd love to see this game turn out great or even just be something playable I can spend some time in. I DO NOT think that these issues are that big a deal. Ignore reddit, blogs, reviews, whatever. I don't really like paying for airdrops (they were free in Rust btw) but they have been open about it, they have communicated with the public, and they have offered refunds. This is not some outrage where they are jsut trying to steal everyone's money, lets see what the game looks like in a few days.

I'm going to wait until Sunday and see what happens then consider the refund they are offering until Monday. The game has potential but right now there just isn't a game really. 

Super early alpha  for sure.  I did have one survival experience that was applaudable.   First of all for the most part the  zombies  AI is brick level stupidity, but in this one instance I got a great scare.

I had just found my gun in the garage of a house and immediatly following my celebration dance I headed up stairs shutting the door to the upper bedroom behind me in paranoid fear that someone would find me and I would lose my new found gun.   There were two more doors in the bed room.  One led to a bathroom the other to  a balcony.  I stepped outside onto  the balcony as I was eating my lunch at work.  I chilled there for a few then I saw zombies coming through the woods around the house.   Pretty soon they were moaning about and beating around the house.   I finished eating and prepared to head back through the house  flash light equipped I opened the door leading back to the upstairs hall and stair well .  Right in my face was a snarling crowd of zombies as soon as I opened the door.....FREAK OUT  SHUT IT SHUT IT SHUT IT SHUT IT moment that was nothing short of  exhilarating.

I need to have a weekend where my children and better half aren't around to distract me and have a serious play of this game.

I've found that every time I find an awesome backpack, I die.  Something out there hates me.

I'd also be keen to catch up with GC peeps in game :)

Have a few hours in.... i've not run into another user or group of users that hasn't murdered me.  I have yet to craft or find any real weapon.  So now it's mostly paranoia and running around in the woods collecting mass amount of blackberries.

• Like 1

Sony's 'No Questions Asked' H1Z1 Refunds

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/01/18/sonys-no-questions-asked-h1z1-refunds-dont-go-far-enough/?partner=yahootix

The refund follows revelations that, contrary to statements from SOE in the days and weeks leading up to the launch of the game on Steam Early Access, microtransactions would be offered for items like guns and ammo.

I've been playing on Murder Hobo. This server has no login queue and is usually at Medium population. Here's a tip that I figured out after playing for the day.

When you spawn, the first thing you do is shred your T-shirt into cloth.  Then run around for the forest for a few minutes and as you run through bushes, be pressing that E-button.  What you want is Sticks and Black berries.  The sticks and cloth will let you craft a bow. The sticks alone will let you craft arrows.  Now you have a weapon. The black berries hydrate you AND fill you so it is two birds with one stone. Once you have these basics, you want  to stay NEAR the roads and find buildings that will hopefully have stash for you. 

Also, do not use any of your airdrops unless you have someone playing with you. They almost always have a horde of zombies in them and while your buddy draws them away, you can grab the stash.  Also, it takes forever for it to land and others will be trying to steal your stuff and kill you in the process. Airdrops are not worth it at all really.

Edited by ZeroDamage
  • Like 1

I've been playing on Murder Hobo. This server has no login queue and is usually at Medium population. Here's a tip that I figured out after playing for the day.

When you spawn, the first thing you do is shred your T-shirt into cloth.  Then run around for the forest for a few minutes and as you run through bushes, be pressing that E-button.  What you want is Sticks and Black berries.  The sticks and cloth will let you craft a bow. The sticks alone will let you craft arrows.  Now you have a weapon. The black berries hydrate you AND fill you so it is two birds with one stone. Once you have these basics, you want  to stay NEAR the roads and find buildings that will hopefully have stash for you. 

Also, do not use any of your airdrops unless you have someone playing with you. They almost always have a horde of zombies in them and while your buddy draws them away, you can grab the stash.  Also, it takes forever for it to land and others will be trying to steal your stuff and kill you in the process. Airdrops are not worth it at all really.

I pretty much shred all t-shirts I find, then I craft a satchel for extra storage.

To craft a satchel, you'll need 6 scraps of cloth iirc.

Edited by stabz0r

Well. I almost died just now. Out near Pleasant Valley and noticed a shack nearby meaning someone built it. Next thing you know, I hear a car (a pickup truck).  They tried to run me over while the other guy tried to bow me. I unfortunately for them had a wooden bow which does much more damage and has better range. I shot the truck a few times causing it to smoke and he kept trying to ram me as I ran behind trees. I ultimately got away through some nearby houses and heard them driving around. I was considering ambushing them and killing them with the longer ranged bow but I have to run out. I have to say though, my nerves were quite on end.

Another tip:  using in-game voice attracts zombies. I think they spawn and come to the area even if you do not see any there in the first place. As they tried to kill me, more and more zombies came as i gave them some choice words. I think their buddy was getting attacked by the zombies and they had to take off.

Edited by ZeroDamage

best exploit in  the game so far....dont leave your stash in crates-  create an  alt character  and stash your most important supplies on it.  Heck make 3 or 4 as long as you get them all to the same place.   They probably should allow only one character per server but until they do this is how I roll.   My main is loaded with good stuff so I"m running around with secondary characters