Ooops

Fatty

I just got a $108 lesson in "Why I should not drive so fast."

Been over 10 years.... :(

85 in a 65. :unsure::(

Welp, I'll be much safer now...I think I've had it coming. It's been so long that over the years I've begun to feel "untouchable." I don't even use a radar detector.

Oh well.

Touched and busted,

Fatty

PS. It was on the way back from Mini's bachelor party. Hey, on the bright side, I shot an 87 today..not bad! :rolleyes:

So what you're trying to say is you need to work on your short game...

(okay, not that good. Driving 85...two under his 87...must have been the short game...or a bad joke.)

Lil further south sure is beautiful country. No offense to Lexington but starting to get down closer toward or into Tennessee is a uniquely American kind of beauty that smells and looks like no other place. It looks like freedom to me down that way.

Almoste exactly one month ago I got a ticket. Woke up to about three inches of snow and it was still falling. I had no idea so I didnt leave early like I usually would.

On my way to work I have to go through Howe, IN. Its a little town with only one stoplight. I was trying to push it a little cause I didnt want to be late. The light was green and I saw it turn yellow. But I had plenty of time to make it. Then I realized that the guy in front of me was stopping. But I had just accelerated. So I was in a pickle. My safest route around him (no way I could stop) was on his left. So in order to maintain traction while maneuvering, I couldnt step on my brake. So obviously I ended up going through the light (which was red by now). Well Barney Fife just happened to be there and pulled me over. I explained to him why I slid through the red light. His only reply was that I should have been paying more attention. Couldnt argue that but still think only a Fife Academy of Police graduate would have pulled someone over for sliding through a red light when the roads hadnt even been plowed yet. Of course I kept this observation to myself.

As it turns out he didnt give me a ticket for running the red light (I was still late for work though). But he DID give me a ticket for not carrying my Driver's license. Had forgot it. Just went to the Lagrange courthouse the other day to pay. Cost me $103.52. I couldnt believe it. It wasnt that I didnt have a valid license cause he loooked it up Im sure.

I dont have a lot of good things to say about Lagrange county policemen. Not since that one put me in jail for expired plates... another story. :angry:

GC Founder

LOL.

The trooper that pulled me over didn't even make me get my license out of my golf bag....He took my info and drew a stick figure of me on his pad, then went and checked to verify the description.

Fatty? A stick figure? :lol:

Yeah, I hate those one cop hick towns makin their money off the innocents Rev. Any larger town cop woulda just looked up your license #, or at least dismissed the ticket once you provided your lisence.

Well I think a lot of it has to do with being "out of state". I live just over the border in Michigan. I think they just figure that if you out of state then why the heck DONT get all the money you can.

Small town cops are terrible! And I live around a bunch of small towns. This one time in Missouri, I had just left my dad's place heading back to MI (out of state again) I hit the first town along the two lane highway that led to the interstate (kind of the back way). Wasnt paying attention and didnt get slowed down in time. This young cop pulls me over. Im being REAL nice and hoping to find some connection with the guy since I grew up in the area. He is ALL business and writing me a ticket from the start. Find out he is from Sarcoxie where I went to school so Im prying for ANYTHING. He is just giving monosyllable responsed and I'm failing miserably. So I end up with a ticket. I get home and call my Dad to commiserate. Find out he goes to church with my parents!! DOH! Never mentioned them.

Wow, Rev, sounds like you don't have good luck with the po-pos.  Here in VA, if you don't have your license they will look it up/call it in to verify and everything is all good.

We have a time limit in which we must produce the valid license (or something like that).

GC Founder
(well, I might as well go for two bad jokes...but get it? Whine? Cars?) 8P)

Don't you hate when you gotta explain your jokes? It decreases the effectiveness by 80%. I'm in the middle of this issue at this very moment in another thread!

I'm not normally quite THIS pathetic, but this thread's really brought out some of my finer lame work. The golf one was a stretch, but the whine wasn't too embarrassing. Granted it was bad, but not embarrassing!

o0o