Plantronics CS Headphones?

Playaa

DSP 500's are real nice.

You should buy the CS ones cause Sunman uses them ;o.

If you have a good soundcard ie. Audigy, then get a pair of Sennheisers and a crappy desk microphone or you can go like me using the microphone from the audio 90's around your neck and using the sennheisers.. They are THE best headphones and the quality is awsome.

DSP 500's are real nice.

You should buy the CS ones cause Sunman uses them ;o.

If you have a good soundcard ie. Audigy, then get a pair of Sennheisers and a crappy desk microphone or you can go like me using the microphone from the audio 90's around your neck and using the sennheisers..  They are THE best headphones and the quality is awsome.

I used to have a pair of $150 sennheisers and they were very very nice. Then I went to Sony MDV500DJ for $150 and I realize that the sound quality on the senn's are unmatched but the bass response on the Sony's are much better. Thus far, I have yet to come across a pair of headphones for under $150 that has great quality sound. If someone knows of one, pass the info along!

The new Sennheiser PC150's are amazing. You need a decent soundcard to go with them, but the clarity is incredible. They're planning on releasing a USB version which will have an integrated sound card sometime next year as well. I've been a DSP500 fan for years, and I'm likely going to switch to the Sennheisers.

I understand that the DSP-500's and other USB headphone/sets are nice, but if you have a good sound card, it is a waste. USB headphone/sets bypass your sound card. I have an Audigy2 so would definitely NOT want to use a USB headphone/set.

Using the mic that came with the computer: 0$, Buying headphones from best buy 8$, Playing cs with MCC community priceless! :):rolleyes:

I have awesome 8$ head phones and I have oerfect sound wOOt! I have a mic that came with the computer too...

I've had my dsp-500's for awhile now and I would NEVER use anything other than a set of sennheiser hd500's or up. Yes if you have a good soundcard it doesnt get used with the dsp's but the great thing is there is software that comes with the headphones, where you click one icon and it switches you from your computer speakers/soundcard, then hit it again and it'll use your headphones. It's not a hassle at all. Honestly if you've never heard the difference between audio .90's and dsp-500's you have no idea. It's like night and day. Oh and btw hi everybody :) Finally got some internet at the new house. I miss my dsl though, this cable is SUPER unstable and I ping higher to pretty much every server for some reason =\

I have These

HD 570's

I have an audigy soundcard so they work super with them. I love them. The ear piece covers your ear but also the air holes on the outside allow for sound to come in ie. my mom yelling at me or something.

I used them at our LAN tourney and had no problems. Got them for $80 on ebay. I don't have to use them just for comp tho. They can plug into anything.

You can always go for These and be just like HeatoN.

BTW, the latter phones are $400 retail ;o.

yeah Tek, I had the same ones. Those rocked. Too bad they only lasted me a year before I blew them out. The Sony's I've had for about 9 months are just about to blow up as well. I wish they made headphones last longer but thus far, 9-12 months is the average lifespan for a pair of headphones for me. I'm going to move on to the Stanton headphones next and see how they are.

LO_djpro2000s.jpg

Watchtower, I can't believe I actually clicked on your link.

Anywho, I REALLY want a microphone integrated into the headphones and I DON'T want USB. I have a Plantronics now, but if I could get a nicer set WITH a microphone, I'd be interested. That's why TEK's post about some Sennheiser with a microphone was interesting.

TeK
(edited)

I go ghetto style. My old audio 90's sit around my neck as I use them for my Microphone and wear my Headphones.

It's pretty funny actually but its also what a lot of people do with high quality Headphones.

Rotten is talking about These . These headphones were used by all of Team9 at the CPL event. The ear cups look kind of small for me but i'm happy with my Headies. I have actually never had the chance to try DSP's but if ANYONE is looking to buy DSP's, buy them from amazon.com. THey have them there a lot cheaper than most stores.

Edited by TeK