Can't talk or move while dead?

DJ Premier

If you end up not being able to move or talk while dead when playing 1.6 Countercrap, do the following:

go to console (you should still be able to go to console) and type "exec config.cfg" without the quotes.

For some reason, a bunch of your binds get erased from memory and you are unable to talk or move while dead.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

yeah but make sure you do -duck after or you're gonna be moving really slow

You can also use spec_menu 0 to fix the problem of not being able to do anything when your dead.

Slap, you install steam in C:\program flies\steam. It will make a bunch of folders and files, this is now where cs, half-life, etc, lives.

Follow C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS@.com\counter-strike\cstrike.

This is where you find the config.cfg. Create a file called userconfig.cfg (I think I had to make it, it wasnt there.) Copy all of your stuff from your autoexe.cfg into your userconfig.cfg. Then open config.cfg and make sure the last line of that file says 'exec userconfig.cfg' (without the quotes) and BOOM! your done. Now you hit the cstrike.exe in your cstrike folder and your on your way.....

Another reason this happens is when you hit the button to get the menu's when dead, e.g., Auto-Director, etc...u know..the menus on the bottom that let u mouse select the view mode and stuff. Well, there seems to be a glitch where you don't see this menu but in fact, it is there. So, any commands won't let you do anything, like switch player views, etc. I believe that if you hit the key and puts you in and out of this mode, it will fix the problem. Sorry for being vague, but i noticed this was happening to me yesterday so i only have a vague way of fixing it.