Nicknames

LH - Wingnut

(edited)

Gen.Titan -> MajorZeus -> Kajahf (One day, when doing really bad, changed my name to random letters on the keyboard. You know when you type jfkjagkbg...it gave kajahf that time.) -> Kage( since everyone called me by my 1st 3 letters, kaj, i changed my name to that, it made me think of a cage, but , didnt want to be like the cage man so i typed kage )

Edited by Kajahf

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since everyone is getting all in depth about the name stuff, I'll expand my "guy from England thing." Back in the day, I got into this little computer game called 3D Movie Maker, it was pretty cool, you could make 3D movies with like 30 different characters. Most movies now are technical and story masterpieces, you can see the community for the game at www.3dmm.com. Anyway, there really was this guy from England who was a director called Private Jimmah, the most cynical Englishman alive with the most stereotypical Englishman drawl. He was cool, and he hated the sun, so I stole his name.

I was originally NanoC, as I was always a big Conan fan, but lots of people used Conan. Then I started using Fat Bastard, and they even made a movie based on my character.

After that, I decided to remove the Bastard from my name during one of our transitions....

I friend of mine came over and played CS and named himself DJ Premier.  My friend is a hip-hop DJ and his favorite DJ was Premier.  I was just too lazy to change the name so I just kept it.

I actually go by a different DJ name.  Some of you probably already know it.

No DJ, what is it?

Now ya got me curious. Where ya spin?

I haven't spun in a club environment in a long time. The last time I did a party was about 6 months ago as a favor for a friend. I actually stopped spinning real vinyl maybe 5 years ago. I used to spin all over in NYC. Biggest club was Limelight, which was closed down, then reopened and reopened and reopened since that time.

I didn't mean that you guys would have heard of me outside of this community. I meant that you may have seen me use a different name than DJ Premier while playing CS. That different name is my actual DJ name.

DJ Innom (EEE-nomb)

My other cs name is 38||innom^mp3

That's all I meant. Sorry if i disappointed any of you. 8P)

If it's any solace, I wish I DID have a name that ppl would recognize in the music community. But that's never going to happen. I have too many bills to pay to even try. <_< I do plan to do it again, although my life is headed in a different direction these days (possibly get married, buy a house, etc).

Which reminds me. I was supposed to upload my mixed CD's to a site but I've been really lazy. I haven't produced something that is publishable in about a year, although I have a whole bunch of demo'd stuff. Does anyone know if there's a really quick and dirty way to string together 10 WAV files into a single WAV such that the sounds are glued during the concatenation? I can use a wav editor but that takes a long time with files that total 700MB. If so, I'll post up something I published locally a lil'over a year ago.

If the files are all continuous music, I think you should be able to just burn it and have your burning program leave out the "space" between the tracks. Never tried it though so I don't know for certain. I just know a buddy of mine downloaded a 2-hour song from some German artist (it was legally free too) and then broke it up into about 20 tracks and burned it to a CD. When it plays, it is continuous but now he can scan ahead to other parts.

If the files are all continuous music, I think you should be able to just burn it and have your burning program leave out the "space" between the tracks.  Never tried it though so I don't know for certain.  I just know a buddy of mine downloaded a 2-hour song from some German artist (it was legally free too) and then broke it up into about 20 tracks and burned it to a CD.  When it plays, it is continuous but now he can scan ahead to other parts.

Yeah, that is how you remove the spaces between tracks. It's built in to most cd burning software. But what I wanted to do was post a single mp3 that everyone can download. So right now, I have a 10 track mixed CD but each track is on wav. It's just time consuming cutting and pasting each wav into a wave editor in order to get a single wav with continuous music which can then be converted to mp3 as a single file. The problem is that if i publish 10 mp3's, some players produce a slight "lag" between tracks causing the mix to not play effectively.

I'll just bite the bullet and pull up my editor. Thanks for the help though! :D

I use to go by soul, then a friend of mine 8 years ago said to make it more.... better, and It was Xoul from there out.

What game or program was out 8 years ago?

Dos based games... you know Descent etc....

I'm sure I've told the story before...but here it is again:

back in the days of playing Quake 2 (started 2 weeks after the game came out), my first ever online game....I always played at my friends house under his name....well when ppl started recognizing him he told me to get my own name (his was Armoth)....well his brother was good at coming up with "cool" names (FyrPhlex, SeventhAngel) so I asked him to make me a name.....he came over and started hitting the keyboard (as in no idea what he was hitting really) and out popped "Pselus" (prounounced See-liss) and that has ALWAYS been my online name. One day I was playing CS online (hadn't played it much at all) and I was goofing off so I changed my name to Playaa (as a spoof from the default Quake 2 name "Player", not because I am a playa) and got on a random server....which happened to be Platinum (Mmmm's old server).....from that point on I have always been Playaa in this small world only.......everywhere else I'm Pselus.

(not like any of you care about me but here goes neway)

I was allways skeptical of online games before i saw my brother playing diablo 1. I thought it was so cool how you got to configure almost every aspect of your character (strength, skills, stuff like that) so i thought i'd give it a try.

Then i found out the hardships of coming up with a name... really all i did was kind of sound out a bunch of names... like Psarius, Terzuel, Terazuki, and alot of diff names... then i typed in Theos, sounded it out and thought it sounded pretty cool. so i chose it. then while playing CS one day under my old name (Theos77) my brother said that it looked stuipd and that i should leave off the s77. so i did and now it's my name! :P

P.S. Some of my other names have been Theophobia, Thore, Possiedon, Ryu, and a bunch of others that i can't think of right now... :peace:

(edited)

I got my name from my brothers friends, and I started out this game age like 10 so.. My first name was jeff just plain! I wanted to kick it up a notch. Then because I was a young boy I switched it to Jeffeboy. I was always called jeffe from my teachers, and friends so I guess I could switch it to that now... Then when I became a young adult/teen its Jeffe :P

Edited by Jeffe

I use to go by soul, then a friend of mine 8 years ago said to make it more.... better, and It was Xoul from there out.

What game or program was out 8 years ago?

Dos based games... you know Descent etc....

Oh, I'm a youngin, Descent is a awesome game!

When I started playing last semester I just needed a name to play on the LANs myself and the other NTACs at the time would play, before we all actually had cd-keys. I thought and thought, but finally just chose the funnest rank in the Marine Corps. I had the most fun and achieved the most as a Lance Corporal, so it seemed to fit.

eh i got Windex when me and paint_chips started our Mmmm back in the day (before the merge) and it has stuck since... Mmmm.. Windex... and Mmmm... Paint_Chips, both will kill you or get you sick lol i think there was also lemon fresh pinesol and instant jello back in there somewhere

(edited)
for some reason I've ALWAYS refered to you as Jeffe sounding like "Heffay".....don't ask me why.

I thought that too until I asked him. Made since to me.

Hmmmm...

I dont know.. My last name was jeffeboy and people called me jeffe so I shortened it, but I dont know where Heffay takes place in it, or maybe its the long e sound or short e sound whatever makes you happy.. People thought it was jeffyboy but I thought jeff"e"boy look better :P

Edited by Jeffe

The first game I played online was Delta Force. I liked the 50cal Barrett rifle in hte game and was reading Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six at the time. The 50cal sniper from the book was named Homer Johnston, so I took it from there in a moment of mind-confuzzledness while trying to think of a name. It stuck and it has nothing to do with Homer Simpson. Sorry. o0o

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

w0w this is a good topic....Ummmm I use to be SilverBolt based on the TV show character from BeastWars, well after that i said naw...i like the Inferno guy from that show so i decided to use Inferno...dont think im all soft and crap for wathcing this show it was a long time ago and i love FIRE! ANyways now everyone in the community calls me ferny, so i decided to shorten my name to [DLM]->fern. It sounds kinda fruity but it works. I still use Inferno cause thats the shiz. I had something before SilverBolt but i forgot what.... Darthmaul i think it was cause i played JEdi KNight 2 and then later in that game i made it silverbolt. But ya theres a lil background on me. I've been thinking about a new name....but i dunno what.

At least my name isnt as fruity as :m0m: