Nicknames

LH - Wingnut

My nickname Wingnut was given to me at my old job. Magruter...did you get yours from the movie Judge Dredd?...cause the old lady Judge was named Magruter.

Anyway...every give a description of why you chose the name you did and where it comes from.

Thanks,

Wingnut

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

i like george lucas movies. At the first LAN at LaMeR's (A long time ago....) i used THX1138. Thats George's first movie. not to long after that DLM was formed. Then we came across another Cleveland area clan some of you might know then as Mmmm and we had a battle for cleveland. Mmmm lost. then they broke up. And now they are glued back together. :m0m: :fatty::bang::hug: did they lose? i could be wrong im old now and my memory isint err well never was too good.

Edited by THX1138

used to br BIGSHOW....the guy I used to work with called me like that....then I switched to BIGSHaW cuz there was another guy at Mmmm server playing under TheBigShow - I just didn't want ppl confusung me with anyone :P

I was at church camp and everyone was coming up with nicknames for each other. One guy had some Pop-Tarts and on the back of the box was a Far Side comic that said "Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, the Dweezil Twins, Doug and Dave....". Well, since my name is Doug, that is what they saddled me with...it stuck.

White Knight is a Magic: The Gathering Card.

It was/is (I don't play nemore) a very powerful card...and has a very cool picture and quote.

"Out of the blackness and stench of the engulfing swamp emerged a shimmering figure. Only the splattered armor and ichor-stained sword hinted at the unfathomable evil the Knight had just laid waste."

When I was younger I played a ton of D&D and enjoyed being a Knight-ish people (I consider myself a modern day cavelier)...so with my first online game (Starcraft) I took as my handle that of White Knight...and have always kept it.

Kinda geeky, but still very cool.

I swear this topic comes up atleast once or twice a year. I have used the name Raven with every game I have ever played since Legos came out when I was little. I had a couple of different choices when starting to play CS, but we were studying Edgar Allan Poe's Poem at the time and decided to stick with the Raven name and give myself the quote "Nevermore" (Used to be my spray and quote on the forums). That kind of died off. I made sure, before becoming a member of the community that I was the only Raven that was known around here. Shortly after, I had seen a couple Ravens but they never stuck around and then came Raven :>oP (Sorry if I got it wrong). Everyone was like "one of you should change your name." I thought about it and I know what I would of changed it to, but a couple of things came to me...

1. I was here first :P

2. I don't care if another person uses it as long as people know the difference.

3. I like the other Raven and usually joke around that we have the same name :ph34r:

Kirin has two means, the first one is it is the name of a mythalogical beast in japanese lore, kindof like a griffen if i remember correctly, the second is uh, its a japanese beer company. theres this sushi bar in chapel hill and they have this blow up sumo wresler with KIRIN written across his shash thingy, one day i'm going to steal it.. they already told me its not for sale :ph34r:

I friend of mine came over and played CS and named himself DJ Premier. My friend is a hip-hop DJ and his favorite DJ was Premier. I was just too lazy to change the name so I just kept it.

I actually go by a different DJ name. Some of you probably already know it.

(edited)

Tesio? Sorry, I am not in to DJs so I probably jacked the name up. I used to have a lot of DJ music (a lot for me anyway) but before I got around to listening to any of it, I moved it from one hard drive to another to make space. I put it in my D:\Temp folder forgetting that I had changed the System Environment so that D:\Temp is the temp directory for Windows. I rebooted and it delted my temp directory :(

Edited by dwEEziL

I friend of mine came over and played CS and named himself DJ Premier.  My friend is a hip-hop DJ and his favorite DJ was Premier.  I was just too lazy to change the name so I just kept it.

I actually go by a different DJ name.  Some of you probably already know it.

No DJ, what is it?

Now ya got me curious. Where ya spin?

mistyped hOOters  :o

I would have expected no less from ya Goot... My nick goes back to the days of Command and Conquer. My first name is Josh, and I used to beat up on a friend in * gasp * modem games. So General_J it was. Now if you ever see Phone_J, he is kinda crazy.. he plays with no sound, and sometimes with one hand depending on whether or not his neck is tired of holding the phone up...

I came up with this name back when i played MechWarrior II on my 100mhz. I thought up the name while takin a crap and thinking about YoMamma jokes. I then came to CS and changed my name to [RiceKrispies]Crackle to make fun of the [LuckyCharms] clan. Soon after that I changed my name back to YoMamma and was invited into LC. That broke up and became CsLs and now Im just YoMamma.

Had this name since Diablo I, then starcraft, diablo II and all the games in between.

Zeabos is the most powerful Pit Fiend Lord 8P)

If some of you ever played D&D, or actually AD&D you may remember/have met me in one of your campaigns

There are some damn cool Magic cards! I considered some of them when coming up with a name, Shivan Dragon, Rathi Dragon, Avatar of Fire, Force of Nature, Wrath of God, Eternal dragon...MTG is a great game, although the new cards are kinda weird....

Guest Spitfirez
Guest Spitfirez
Guest Spitfirez
Guests

Well... Hmmm... This is rather... "CONFUSING!!" I'm going to make an attempt to this, but... here goes

I have had several names... Which I cannot name them all.. I will try to name them in order though :)

migraine boy -> Spitfire -> Mysterio ll -> Shaft -> Trinity -> Elysium -> Optimizer -> Rambo -> Mach -> 7-foot fr34k!! (friends all called me that 'cause I tower like a foot and a half over them) -> Rambo -> Spitfire

Rather confusing if you ask me :o.. And I know that is NOT all of them... I'd rather not even get into where I got the names from :o

I've actually played under Starlighter for a lot of years now, so if you ever ran into [sMS]Starlighter, that was me. It was just a creation of mine when I tired of Phantom years ago and I threw this one around and it stuck... All the Lan boys around here call me Star (lovely, sounds so stupid that way doesn't it? oh well...) for short and I've just kept the name... Nyx Erinyes is something I drummed up after spending too much time in myth class again and is something I've been playing under since I don't have the caliber of skill any more that I feel should represent my clan. (I never played CS for them anyway, I played Tribes.) The name means Night Fury roughly... It's greek for any who are curious..

BTW if curiousity strikes anyone, SMS = Steel Maelstrom - www.steelmaelstrom.com - Plays a ton of different games, prides themselves on playing professionally and with dignity. Most people around here are already clanned but I thought I'd throw the name out there in case someone was interesting... I think our CS platoon is pretty much always recruiting... Not sure of their ladder status right now, haven't been paying attention. Anyway, that's where the names came from. Laterz All

-Nyx

Edited by NyxErinyes