BF MODS

rackish

I looked at a few BF mods, haven't tried any yet. I know Eve of Destruction is pretty popular, or at least a very good mod. I saw a pirate mod, looked like fun, though still in early stages. Lots of bright primary colors, big pirate hats, ships and swords, I might give it a try. Since people have kind of given up DC in favour of CoD, lets get a group together to play with various other BF1942 mods and then say how cool they all are so people will come back and play DC with us :) .

im right there with you two.

EoD is quite possibly the best mod i have ever played. the maps alone are amazing, along with every other aspect of it. and its only at .3 :o

i had another one, cant recall name off hand but it was basically bf with more maps/skins, not worth the dl. Eod is. my friend had the pirate one and said it was hilarious to drive ships, maybe we should all give it a try?

Pirate one sounds like a riot, give me a link and I'll download it, and yes EoD is awesome... they're making Battlefield Vietnam, so it probobly be like that. Man spending $50 on battlefield was the best thing I coulda done!

it's a dell :twitch: .

p4 1.8ghz, 256 mb ram, xp home, geforce 3 ti200, what else you wanna know? 2 years ago, it rocked, but its a family computer, so my own will be, mine and good and yay! lol. oh, its an 80 gig HD as well, but only shows 75 possible, we have had problems with the OS dying, and i think we have 3 on now since tech support was a tard and my dad isnt the brightest.

Well we havent yet given up on DC.. Alot of the regulars did pretty much switch to CoD which has me discouraged because I'm not droppin 50 to play a DoD/BF/CS morph.. If I want a first person shooter, Im gonna playe SC/DoD or Americas Army.. Lets get together and play some DC.. I havent played much in the past week or so but we can get it going again.. PM me.

dahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha the pirate mod is hilariously cheesy. man o man...i think i was in tears crying from the first time playing. :laughcry:

you have a musket, slow load, 3 shots, 99 clips. a pistol, and a sword, and one hell of a hat. lmao. the maps are super simplistic, but the boats are actually fun. if you have nothing better to do, this mod is for a few laughs.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

Eve of destruction i found was worse then playing Railroad tycoon(1st one).

EoD is the greatest mod ever for BF. I really wish it would have taken off like DC did. Back when it was first released there used to be like 100+ servers, before my comp blew up there was only like 1 or 2 good ones. I had an awesome time playin charlie dont surf. Flyin a chopper in takin the flag then chargin down the beach for the other one. hehe The thing is, you really cant rely on your teamates. dont be the noob that stays back and waits for your team to take the flag and then spawn up. Spawn closest to the flag and if you get on a roll, you can go like 15-1 takin flags left and right. Its pretty awesome.

dl the pirate mod now... hate dsl, when i had cable id dl from a site at bout 150-230kb/sec now im going at 30kb :angry: BAH! oh well Im doing fine. I might actually bring my cs cd over here(parents house) and jump online to play a bit with you all. I wont have a mic, but hey Itd be worth it to play CS with you all again. hope the pirate mod is as funny as you say....

jane | hdslwihca (hate dsl, wish i had cable again)

im with nofx on this one. i had so much more fun playing eod and the jungle maps, than just redone DC maps. The weapons werent as good, but then again, look at the time. The maps and vehicles more than made up for it. i want more eod :(

wow, just downloaded EoD. VERY GOOD! there were a lot of people on it earlier this evening, and Kurtz, LongHair and I just had a good time a few minutes ago. I like it much better than DC, less laggy, and infantry is an important fighting tool, instead of just pilots and drivers.

• 2 weeks later...