ever feel you shoulda did more

Kurtz

the other day im drivin to go pu my kid from school.I come to this cross street(nieghborhood street not main)and i see this car and this girl jr.high age about 10-15 feet away from said car pointing like shes giving directions.i start to go through and something makes me stop and i look at this car and this guy who seems about my age.the girl looks nervous and this guy is say everythings fine hes just askin directions.So i get out of my car and start walkin towards both.As im doing this the guys continues his reasoning and is now callin me sir which in hind sight comes across as exactly the way one behaves when they get caught doin something wrong you know what i mean by going right to the submissive role.i ask the girl if she ok who is lookin at me with my looks id imagine her sayin great im stuck between 2 pervs. but she finaly says yes shes fine and i tell the guys to go look for directions somewhere else and he drives off.and we all go on with our lives.

but since then i just keep thinkin i shoulda done more

got a plate number or a good description(didnt have my glasses so i really couldnt see anything) and reported it.or stick around to make sure the girl got home ok but i didnt cause my thoughts were on getin to the school on time to get my kid which seems kinda selfish to put that over anothers safety. err damn it,,,,it bothers me cause it was in my nieghborhood and this coulda been my kid in fact my older one was walkin home that day and whatabout the many others that woulda drove right by because they dont have time,dont want to get involved and blah blah blah all of which suck as reason for not caring

You will never know what was going on ther Kurtz...but you might have prevented a tragedy by doing more than 90% of people would have done. Slim chance, but it's possible you just changed that little girl's life forever. My hat is off to you.

I gotta agree...at least you did SOMETHING.

there have been many times where I know I should have done something but didn't...and the times I DID do something (even if it was taking a hitchhiker 5 minutes down the road, short distance in a car...long distance walking) it made me feel a little better...though it also makes me feel a little worse cause I didn't do MORE

:unsure:

Sometimes you just get put in these situations. If anything was up, at least you'll know him/the car again when you see it. And just that someone would stop and say "enough" will likely scare even the innocent away, especially coming from you. If it were me, I'd drive around lost before asking for directions in your neighborhood. :=

I had some situations like this when I was in college. Me and a buddy always rode to work together. One night there were 2 guys in this car on the highway and it appeared they were harassing some girls in another car. The girls appeared scared. Scared the hell outta these guys when we stopped them. Found out everything was kosher, the girls stopped too :)

Another night, we chased some guys trying to steal a neighbors sport bike. Didn't know the neighbor, but felt good getting the bike back for him. You just get in these situations sometimes. Can't beat yourself up about it. Says something that you'd even get involved.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

wow kurtz...awesome job man...just think of it this way man...you saved a persons life today

Wow thx for the good words but i tell my kids this all the time you dont get points for doing what you should do to begin with so i really dont deserve it.i did go to the police and made a report from what i remember ill just think more next time.