Vote or Rotation?

Fatty

Vote or Rotation?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I'd say rotation, but I'm scared that maps like Italy would end up in there.

Do a vote, but have it bring up 5 maps or so from a list of maybe 15?

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Italy is like... my most hated map ever, closely followed by de_dust.. -_-.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Ya, swoop hit it.. nothing worse than :

cs_italy

cs_office

as_tundra

Whoo lets go kill a server guys! A Hyuk! :o

There is something worse than that. The other day we were playing and got the choice of:

de_aztec

de_dust2

de_aztec

I like DLM server idea, and yes they use nominations, Fatty. The whole nomination thing would work pretty well with all the maps that're loaded onto the mtrop server for play. We might even see some of these older maps that the vets wanna play so bad. Also, if we go to the nomination, have it where one person can only nominate one map, and then only like 6 maps can be nominated. That way the same person doesn't nominate the maps they want. Just an idea, and I have no clue if any of that is even a within-reach goal/idea.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

How's that worse? You either end up playing *gasp* a BALANCED MAP (something a lot of people seem to hate for some unknown reason .. ?) or a skill map.

de_dust is one of the worst maps of all time in my opinion, not only is it overplayed, but not even an even sided map. It takes basically all the fun out of the game for me, and when its one of the few maps played it makes me want to play less and less. I can recall a time when some good old maps were played, along with 3rd party maps and most people were happy, and the server always full. Maps like oilrig are just plain ol fun, but i dont think ive seen it played in a good long while.

There is no way everyone will be pleased. That it just unattainable. Although it seems as if there is a common theme occuring...allow the masses to nomiate them, but not one of the last 4. The server contains tons of maps of all kinds, from de cs as, and any other kind there is....lets not just make it a habit of playing scoutzknivez more than 5 million times a day.

Rotations lead to extremely annoying maps though and plus everytime Lunk pops in and throws it to scoutzknives, it will likely throw the rotation back to the first map after scouts ends. Which although unlikely, could give you the same irritating thing (WE JUST PLAYED THESE 2 maps!) I vote for keeping the vote but restricting the last 4 played maps. That way at worst aztec can only pop up every 4 rounds ;-)

Edited by NyxErinyes

• 1 month later...

rotation

but only if that rotation was

de_dust2

de_aztec

de_dust2

de_inferno

de_dust2

scoutzknives

de_dust2

de_nuke