Superbowl Predictions

Guest k3n

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the colts play anything like they did yesterday they will be playing New England to go to the superbowl :P

I am totally ambivilent about the game right now... and that is NOT the way I like to watch a playoff game.

I want both teams to go clean the Pats clock... and in reality, the way the Pats have been playing, it WOULD take both of them.

I suppose I will have to choose my side sometime this week. I generally root for the underdog so by games end I will probably be rooting for the loser <_<

Ok, going to try to logically process it out.

Reasons I would root for Colts...

1. Peyton Manning. Not the best quarteback ever (yet) and not always the most likeable guy but still worthy of post season success.

2. Marvin Harrison. This guy has quietly put himself into position to challenge every receiving record there is. This coming while Rice has yet to retire. A team player (except for just a little whining this season)

3. Vanderjagt. Totally lost his cool after last season but you could tell it was just frustration with not winning. Every FG a record.

4. Tony Dungy. Quiet, considerate, mild mannered coach. Something you usually dont associate with a succesful coach. But Tony IS succesful. It was basically his defense that won last years SuperBowl. Would love to see him take it all.

Reasons I would root for the Chiefs...

1. Priest Holmes. Seems like a nice guy that is one heck of a football player.

2. Love the red with yellow accent uniforms. MUCH better than the plain blue and white of the colts.

3. richard Vermeil. I find it very hard NOT to root for a guy the players love. A guy that will inspire and motivate that doesnt have to alienate people but actually be emotionally involved is rare. A true leader. And a guy that cant help but choke up is always cool in my book. I also like Roy Williams who can tear up talking about washing the dishes or any topic you can think of.

Hmm. Didnt help.

Colts and Pack in the Superbowl will make me a very happy man. I have always been a Packer fan, as I have always rooted for my hometeam colts. But as much as I have been a die hard Pack fan, I would like to see the Colts win a ring. The Pack already has plenty, but once again, I wouldn't mind seeing another on their fingers either.

And auggy, even though you were slightly off (mwuhahaha) on your picks, you also got the seeding wrong. The winner of the Colts/Broncs game would face KC not Balt/ Tenn. And vice versa.

And auggy, even though you were slightly off (mwuhahaha) on your picks, you also got the seeding wrong. The winner of the Colts/Broncs game would face KC not Balt/ Tenn. And vice versa.

IF denver won then they would have faced NE and the winner of Balt/Tenn woudl have faced KC.

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests
(edited)

Colts will go into KC. IF Manning is on fire like he was against the Bronco's look out Patriots. This guy will take em to the superbowl and win it big if he is on. If he is off the whole team is off and they lose. Titans came into the playoffs strong and they are going to leave strong. But injury is going to hurt them against the patriots. IF you thought ravens defense was good the pats are going to play hard and strong 4 quarters.

Eagles will lose be atleast 10 points to the Green Bay Packers. I love watching Mcnabb play football but he loves to choke big games away. He started in the Orange bowl against Florida when he lead the Orangemen there. He did it last year and this year he will do it again. He needs to learn to calm down and have fun. He is trying to hard and the whole world is watching him. Bret Favre will lead his team with 3 touchdowns and Green will have over 100 yards on the ground. Carolina loses to rams 45 to 14. Rams are going to go to town. The Panthers are off a win with a young team. They are going to think they are invinsible and Marshell Faulk is going to run on, around, and through them. Faulk has a big day w/ 2 running touchdowns and 1 recieving. And I get to hear the Espn guy go... Marshell Marshell Marshell. I <3 that lol

Edited by k3n

k3,

colts are going nowhere. Yea so they beat my fav team...

It wasn't that the colts looked unbeatable as much as DENVER REEEEKED! The broncos looked like they shouldnt even be in the NFL. The colts played well but against a great D like Ten or Balt they will fall.

Denver was inconsistent all year so it really doesnt shock me they got whooped. What will shock me is if Dungee can get his team into a the bowl.

I think it will be chowder and goats.

and thats if the goats don't play like they want to be home. If they play like they want it I don't think anyone can beat em.

But then again i really did think denver would win like 10 hahahahahaha

Swoop, Come on bro cut me some slack. I may not know who will win but I know the playoff system

Denver was the worse team so NE (no. 1 seed) would get them if they won. The Broncos determined who the no1 and no2 seed teams played. someone correct me with a HS if I'm wrong

Wow auggy are you kidding me? Denver didn't have a chance in that game. They had already rolled over and died the previous week against Green Bay and there was no chance Manning was going to lose this game and go 0-4 in playoff games. He executed every play perfectly and if he can play that way again they might be able to beat KC, but in Arrowhead its doubtful.

I think it is a possibility and not just "doubtful".

Of the two teams I would say Indy has the better defense. Both offenses are pretty good though. But indy went something like 7-1 on the road this year. They had a better road record than home record. Of course Arrowhead Stadium is one of the hardest places to play. Should be a great game.

Pffft Arrowhead has nothing on foxboro in the month of january all that snow, freezing weather, their used to the weather, and they have a well-balanced team.

Superbowl prediction New England 17 Philadelphia 14...

Longshots that i like are Tennessee and Green Bay im rooting for Brett he's playing for his pops and their from the NFC central.

Dabears!!!!! We'll be back to the playoffs next year.

Pffft Arrowhead has nothing on foxboro in the month of january all that snow, freezing weather,  their used to the weather, and they have a well-balanced team.

Superbowl prediction New England 17  Philadelphia 14...

Longshots that i like are Tennessee and Green Bay im rooting for Brett he's playing for his pops and their from the NFC central.

Dabears!!!!! We'll be back to the playoffs next year.

Lambeau is probably the most notorious January stadium :P

Oh and the Bears arent going anywhere in the playoffs next year :P Its rough being a cheesehead in the chicago area let me tell you :P

Bears....lol....their last truely GOOD season was 1985....18 years ago....dont count on them suddenly being good next year, because they really havent been that great aside from luck the last 18... also their new coach will help them get to 9-6 at best, first year coaches are not alway s the greatest.

Gunny

Where have you been Gunman? They just went 13-3 3 years ago. We have one of the premiere defenses in the league, a good that could be great running game, and hopefully if we get Saban a Coach that would bring back that awesome name were known for " Monsters of the Midway" back to Chicago were football Legends are made.

Dabears...... :D

Where have you been Gunman? They just went 13-3 3 years ago. We have one of the premiere defenses in the league, a good that could be great running game, and hopefully if we get Saban a Coach that would bring back that awesome name were known for " Monsters of the Midway" back to Chicago were football Legends are made.

Dabears...... :D

If you honestly think that 13-3 can be attributed to anything other than having the easiest schedule in all of football and a couple flukes you are only kidding yourself imo. A lot of my family here in chicago are die hard bears fans and I told them all it was a fluke, they were gonna lose the first game in the playoffs and they are gonna suck next year. Well guess who was laughing the next year? :P

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

aye. St. Louis should have went for a touchdown instead of a wasting time, but oh well. One hella game by both sides.

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

they def should have went for it.. but wow a great game indeed... GO PATRIOTS .. now that was a good game also.