Xbox

lance

(edited)

The first game I backed up was Halo, and I can play that fine on XBConnect without the disc.

If you host games it isn't laggy at all, but if you join you just have to join thw lowest ping game you can find or it could be horrendous lag.

Edited by Hitman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is XBconnect? I have been thinking about trying it with my modded Xbox. Do you have to turn off the chip and have the DVD or can I play from my "backup" section?

Doesn't matter if your running the original, a dvd-backup, or off your hard drive. The only thing you must have is a game that has System Link. Many multiplayer games have it, but not all. Some of the games will let you use a head set over system link as well. Lots of fun.

true you cannot use the xbox live feature with a moded xbox

but......remeber how I said I have usb ports and jumpers on teh back of my box, which will allow me to update bios and switch between bios's?  well it also has jumpers to disable to the chip.  So If you have any online games you want to play.  all you have to do is set the jumpers to disable the chip and pop in your CD  ^_^

Yeah but don't forget about the rumors they may scan to see if you're HD is the original. Coz if you have a modded xbox like me, you mostlikly have a bigger HD.

I got tried of using chips so I just flashed the TSOP with X2 using the 007 Savegame Hack.

Of course I dont plan on playing XBOX Live....

Beside XBC is much better IMHO

You have to have it modded and have a 3rd party linux OS on it like Evox or Avalaunch (which are both easy to setup and often referred to as dashboards). 

Err Evox or Avalaunch are NOT linux OS'. They are Dashboards coded using the XDK.

If you go the modding route, you have to spend time learning how to setup your xbox with emu's and are willing to spend money on a mod chip and installation, and then money for any other things (bigger hard drive, router for ease of connecting through network, external dvd player)

007 AUF - $10 on EBAY

Mem Card - $5 on EBAY

Downloading 007 TSOP Flash Kit - FREE

Flashing your TSOP - FREE

Bigger HD - I had an extra 120 gig laying around I used but they're pretty cheap now days

Cat5 - Have a bunch

Extra DVD - I have a few DVD drives lying around. But I bought a Samsung for $30 and flashed the firmware, run's all media types AND all Original Xbox games.

I'm gonna say you can mod an Xbox fo well under $100 and you dont need a new DVD, its optional if you want to run CD-R/RW.

Err Evox or Avalaunch are NOT linux OS'. They are Dashboards coded using the XDK.

Extra DVD - I have a few DVD drives lying around. But I bought a Samsung for $30 and flashed the firmware, run's all media types AND all Original Xbox games.

I'm gonna say you can mod an Xbox fo well under $100 and you dont need a new DVD, its optional if you want to run CD-R/RW.

My mistake then, I read on xboxscene forums that ava and evox ARE a linux based dashboard, but thats only what I read...so I dont know sure.

Red, I'm really curious about the samsung model. Is it a SD-616T or SD-616F ? I couldn't find one online cheaper than 80. If you know of somewhere cheap, please let me know :D

Hitman... I initially did a software mod using the font exploit and it was a pain in the butt!! I'm not sure on the mod that Red did though.

Yeah, the XBox/Linux site was the only place I found soft-modding stuff back when I did mine so it just seemed easier to chip it.

I've only heard OF the font exploit but have no idea what it is. Mostly I've just heard of putting a save game on an action replay and using James Bond or Mechassault to bypass the security.

So I take it you soft-modded yours red? How easy was that? I kinda wished I would've tried doing that first.

Well I had a Xecuter 1.0 which sucked, since I could update the bios on the chip.

basically, I copied the 007 AUF TSOP Flash savegame to my xbox hd (since it was already modded i didnt need to put it on a mem card)

Soldered 2 points on the mobo (joined 2 spots (two dif locations))

Loaded up 007 AUF (I bought it off ebay for $10) and loaded the savegame...in a minute or two it was flashed.

Rebooted and had x2 as my onboard TSOP (I can now also flash any biso thru Evoz or whatever)

Pretty easy.

As for the samsung drive, I cant remember which I bought, but I bought 4 of them for $30 each about a year ago...gave one away at the lan last year to THX 1138.

Font Exploit doesnt work anymore with the new MS Dash updates.

Im pretty dure the Audio Exploit works tho (dont quote me)

Basically you copy the Audio Exploit to your HD and then load MSDash and run rhw file as if it was an Audio file, then you can load up Evox or whatever...Just stick with the Eurasia 007 TSOP Flash Savegame.

Xbox wins again.

"LOS ANGELES--Microsoft announced an agreement Monday with leading games publisher Electronic Arts to support the online gaming service for the company's Xbox video game console.

EA and Microsoft executives declined to give financial details of the new arrangement--announced at a press conference before the E3 game trade show taking place here this week--but said it addressed concerns from both sides.

"Both companies realized this was a priority," said Cameron Ferroni, Microsoft's general manager for Xbox Live. "We continued to hear from the gaming public that they want EA games on Xbox Live, and we knew we had to make that happen."

http://news.com.com/2100-1043_3-5209830.html?tag=nefd.top