Xbox

lance

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy has haxed his XBox to hell and back...I am wondering what kinds of capabilities he has with his? Is is possible for him to play old Nintendo 64 games and PSII games on his XBox after h4xing or can he just play XBox games on it?

yeah, you can play N64 games through a emulator on the xbox. You have to have it modded and have a 3rd party linux OS on it like Evox or Avalaunch (which are both easy to setup and often referred to as dashboards).

Honestly though, if you want more a of fun/cartoony/mario types of games, get the game cube.

Only get the Xbox if you want to play more mature games. or If you go the modding route, you have to spend time learning how to setup your xbox with emu's and are willing to spend money on a mod chip and installation, and then money for any other things (bigger hard drive, router for ease of connecting through network, external dvd player)

(edited)

Ya my buddy would help me...and I love the idea. But honestly I play CS enough...I dont really need more distraction than I already have. And the cost to me would still be about $150 for the chip and the HD. Plus it sounds like a pain.

I think I will just go with a game cube most likely :-/

Any tips on how to find games cheaper? Ebay maybe? Christi likes the Mario type games..I even miss Mario Kart that my little bro and I used to veg out on.

Edited by gOOters

I'd say the Cube is the perfect game system for a wife or children...plus if you DO want some good mature games, they exist on the cube...they just aren't overabundant. you got things like Resident Evil, that other ghost game, Metroid Prime (excellent one)...plus...MARIO KART!

Xbox off of Ebay - $70-80

Mod Chip - $25-50 depending on which one

You can use the hard drive it comes with, but I like a larger one:

Hard Drive - $60 - 120GB at CompUSA

Total: $190 at the tops

Then go sign up at Blockbuster for the monthly gamepass and copy the games right to the new hard drive.

heh its a litle late hitman, but I have a pogo pin mod chip.

I bought a nice one, to make sure i wouldnt mess up. Its an x-bit and cost 60 bucks. It also has a thing that comes out the back of my xbox, which will allow me to switch between 6 different bios's and connect to my computer via usb to update the bios. And no, it has never came loose.

and connect to my computer via usb  to update the bios

That's a nice feature, I had to burn a CD-RW to flash my bios, it took like 3 different programs and a lot of reading.

My pogo pins were really hard to line up, but I can put a tiny piece of aluminum foil on top of the d0 point to make it work well. If my XBox gets jostled enough it slides around though. <_<

I wish I would've gotten what you have, instead of my Xecutor. Apparently the newer version is better though.

still debating. Is there a "greatest hits" for Mario Bros. games on the cube? I cant find one. Im thinking Super Mario Bros and SMBII

Not that I know of, those are available as ROMs on the XBox though. :) They're just a little hard to play with an XBox controller... it's just not quite the same as a tiny NES controller with 4 buttons and a D-pad.

(edited)

Im thinking about selling my x-box. Mainly because I want my raptor drivers and I no longer play it.

I have this invested:

x-box - 199

chip - 60

80 gig HD - 60

extra controller - $20

I have about $340 in the box, it works great, and I have never had a problem with anything on it or my mod chip from moving it around. Also, 80 Gigs will let you "backup" about 25 of your favorite games.

If interested, make me an offer I cant refuse. ^_^

please PM me for more info.

Edited by NOFX

Selling a mod chip preflashed with the EvoX bios? I hope MS doesn't find out! :nono:

I guess since you have that nifty USB thing you could remove it.

NEIN!

that's why I wanna buy it

I want a modded XBox but don't want to do the work

:P

That's half the fun!

liez

:D

I don't want to go through the hassle of actually getting a modchip then the hassle of actually learning how to put it in without screwing up a brand new xbox...much easier this way.

then again, I don't think he's gonna sell it to me for $200

You're right, it does require a lot of researching, but I don't think you'd screw up your XBox. If you're comfortable working inside your computer I think you'd do fine. ^_^ You just need those dang Torx 10 and 20 screwdrivers to get everything out of the box! :freak:

I don't think he's gonna sell it to me for $200

I think you're right.

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests
(edited)

you can't play any EA sports games on Xbox.

(online)

Edited by k3n

true you cannot use the xbox live feature with a moded xbox

but......remeber how I said I have usb ports and jumpers on teh back of my box, which will allow me to update bios and switch between bios's? well it also has jumpers to disable to the chip. So If you have any online games you want to play. all you have to do is set the jumpers to disable the chip and pop in your CD ^_^