Controllers

lance

Ok, here's something that ought to get some opinions kicking. Which next-gen system(Xbox, PS2, GameCube) has the most comfortable and convienent controller?

I rate them as such, from greatest to poorest:

1. PS2

2. Xbox

3. GameCube

The PS2 controllers might work better for me only because I was a PSx owner, and I have been playing with them longer, but it just seems that the layout on those controllers are much more comfortable and all. The Xbox, with it's white and black buttons, make me almost mentally pause to figure out which is where. I like the feel of the xbox controllers, and the originals not the smaller S-Controllers, but the button layout is off just slightly. I think my hands fit an Xbox controller a bit more comfortably because of the fact that I have large hands and holding onto an Xbox controller is like playing with a cereal box. :D Lastly I'm afraid to say that Gamecube's controllers just don't seem to fit well into my hands. All too occasionally I'm looking down at it, trying to figure out where the Z-trigger is, or finding start/pause blindly with a tapping thumb.

But that's one opinion, so what's yours?

Well I have huge hands. 9.5 INches from the base of my palm to the end of my finger to be exact. I find the XBox controller awkward. The S Controller is much, much better than the original I will say that but the controller just doesnt fit in my hand. It feels as though it is slipping out, nothing real to grab on to. My problem with the PS2 controller is that it is too small in some ways in that my hand cramps up around its awkward(not natural to the hands) shape. But that isnt a huge thing the only real complaint about the PS2 controller is that unerneath the L and R buttons it has a small lip and with the size of my hands and the way I hold the controller the lip digs in to my hand and hurts after a couple hours of playing. The Gamecube controller is the most comfortable when holding it but the Z Button is down right awkward and the D Pad is on the slightly to small side of things. Out of the 3 I would rank them:

Gamecube

PS2

Xbox

1)N64

2)Gamecube

3)PS2

4)all other controllers

5)Xbox

I loved N64, not sure why but i did. I think im a little prejudice towards GCN because i have one, but what i feel puts it above the others is the Wavebird wireless controller. PS2 is nice but a little generic for me. Xbox controllers just make me want to vomit everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't imagine Halo with anything except the original XBox controller, except maybe those Mad Catz controllers that are slightly smaller. I absolutely can't stand the S-Controller.

1. N64 (No rumble pak, please!)

2. XBox

3. SNES

4. The NES controller that comes with a top loader, with the rounded corners.

5. Playstation