Your computer have enough guts?

Birdman

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the MP5 as well and it is not entirely silent, just very very soft.

I am pretty certain this game uses the Serious Sam 2 game engine. The first time I played SS2, I was stunned at how the graphics looked so much like UT2k3 (one of the only good things that came from UT2k3). They were awesome. This game, graphically (not to mention the console) reminds me so much of SS2 that I would be willing to bet it is the same engine.

BTW, my comp keeps crashing on it too. IMO, the game is still buggy and not quite ready for public consumption, even as a beta.

(edited)

:(

Sux that its crashing for yah.

Me and a couple buds havent had any problems with it, but we all run almost identical setups(AMD XP's with ATI cards on Nforce 2 platforms).

Farcry may be based on a version of the SS2 engine, but now it has its own name.

"

Feel the Far Cry Engine

The meticulously designed next generation CryEngine pushes the threshold of action gaming with proprietary PolyBumpâ„¢ mapping, advanced environments physics, destructible terrain, dynamic lighting, motion captured animation and total surround sound.

"

Doubt other games would use the CryEngine though, Developers would prolly just buy the code and give the revamped version a new name.

THeres a lot to look forward to though in gaming.

Everyone needs to get the above video ^^^ and watch it if they need proof.

Doesnt offer anything new when compared to the Doom 3 and HL 2 videos that have been out for awhile; instead it shows that id and valve arent the only ones with the ability to code 3d games that use next gen graphics.

Edited by Birdman

I think one of the biggest things about this game is video card.

I actually have a pretty crappy system EXCEPT my vid card. 1.4ghz processor, 512mb DDR PC2100 CHEAP ram (low quality) but my vid card is Radeon 9700 Pro AIW...I have no problems with the game...so I'm thinking that video card plays a big part in it. (moreso than most games)

(edited)

Yeah and most games that will come out this year will be that way.

If you have a 2Ghz processor for games itll perform about the same as a 3Ghz system if you both have top of the line video cards.

Thats what direct X 8 and 9 were all about, moving more work load to the video card.

AI and network is all the processor is good for when playing a game.

Thats why a faster processor wont improve a 3dmark 03 score(heavily based on direct x 8 and 9) while a faster processor will change 3dmark 01 scores by a big amount(based on direct x 7 when the processor had to do more work).

Edited by Birdman

I got an AMD Barton 2500+ (OC'ed to 3200+), 1GB of OCZ DDR PC3500 Ram, an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, and DX 9.0b. I am pretty sure it is not my system specs. When the game crashes, my cpu is running at 32C so no heat problems.

Edited by dwEEziL

True.

If the game comes out soon as its supposed to the Farcry peeps do have a bunch of work to do though.

Cause AA dont work at all, and a bunch of nvidia cards are having trouble including the top of the line 5950.

No one I know has the 9700 running on a system like yours though.

So ATI may just need to fix the card for that game in the drivers.

NAh i dont think its lacking at all

Most peeps i know have 9600's Of the pro and XT variety.

and the 9700 whips them

ATI just may not have the card ready for that game yet(hard to believe since thats their best selling card in a while) so i may be wrong.

you may want to try the catalyst 3.9's if it crashes a bunch.

Cause thats what the demo was made for.

Some have had better results with the 3.9's than with the newer ones.

Right now there isnt anything out that is a bunch faster than the 9700 anyway.

The 420 core from ATI in PCI-Express Clothes will be a big upgrade for everyone though.

Even 9800xt owners im afraid.

Still a couple months out though

so ill be sittin on my mountain of polygons a lil longer

Yeah, I drool for the 9800 XT but I just can't see plunking down the money with PCI-X around th corner. Also, I still need a PS and memory (going for a Antec 480 TrueBlue and 1GB of Mushkin PC3500...gonna put the OCZ in my new media box and keep the Mushkin for my gaming system) for my media box. I am also contemplating using the money I have saved up to get a phone instead (I am thinking of this phone, over %50 off w/rebates on Amazon right now... http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000SX2...01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg )

Edited by dwEEziL

For AMD boards itll be arriving the same time the new Chipsets are out, or soon after. By new chipsets I mean the second gen VIA and Nvidia solutiuons.

The Actual video cards are already in working form for ATI. As for Nvidia's next gen card who knows.

WHen the ATI 420 hits itll be in AGP flavors at first and then PCI EXPRess.

ATI's 420 will be out in march.

Havent heard anything about motherboards with PCI EXpress though.

One would figure they would be out before the ATI card hits.

There was a wireless device a deaf guy was using in class the other day and it was awsome.

Didnt do phone, but he was using AOL IM on it or somthing.

Had a color screen and he had his contacts from the puter on there.

I thought that was pretty impressive.

It opened kinda like a switchblade too.

ANy one download that video up there yet^^^^^^^???

cause that engine is gonna make some good games for us hardware nuts.