Your computer have enough guts?

Birdman

Sweetness

let me know what you think.

Cant wait to have shadows that arent fixed.

Shadows can make things look way more realistic.

Its kinda sick to see engines like the Torc one.

So hard to go look at counterstike while im dead after that too....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just upgraded from an nvidia ti4200/64mb to an ATI Radeon 9600XT/128mb yesterday.

Wow, what a difference when playing FarCry. :=

BTW, I'm using the catalyst 3.8 drivers. And I'm having no issues with crashes. Here is my setup Barton 2500+(OC to 3200+), 1 Gig PNY Ram, ATI 9600xt.

I do need some help with fps issues now in CS. With Nvidia card I got a solid 100 fps. With 9600xt it's dropping as low as 40. Anyone have any suggestions on the proper setup of this card?

Many people seem to have this problem when switching from nvidia cards to ati.

LEt me start by saying it isnt a problem with Your card and cs.

9600xt's should be able to get the same fps as your old nvidia card.

Mess around in the driver tabs and make sure its up to date.

Theres a lot of things you can do, but they are almost to many things to list.

Yeah I talked about that earlier.

3.9's are what the Farcry demo peeps tested with.

That doesnt mean that the 4.1's wont work it just means they didnt test with them.

For some the 4.1's work fine if not better on the demo(me).

For others that are having trouble they should try the 3.9's cause they are whats recommended.

Course the demo isnt hardly that long, so just use the 3.9's for a good 10-15 mintutes while you beat the game then go back to whatever works best for you.

Never upgrade a driver unless your having trouble with your old one. <<<<<<<<A valuable lesson.

Just watched it. That looks pretty sweet. I am eager to see this technology after a few revisions and tweaking. It is good now and adds a very subtle realism to the experience.

As for Ragdoll Physics. I am kinda getting sick of that. I mean, it was named well but it performs too well for it's name. I mean, when you kill a guy, they just slump over like they got no spine. It's like in the movies when someone falls down a hill and you can obviously tell it is just a dummy. I would like to see someone get shot, start to fall over a cliff, struggle, fall anyway, then have them still struggling as they fall. Maybe use the hitbox so that if their head hits hard enough, the get knocked unconscious and go ragdoll-ish.

Yeah seems like everything thats out or will be coming out talks big about their physics engine and how it can do ragdoll.

Seems more like advertising anymore.

At first it was cool, but its one of the most overdone effects lately. I bet everygame out this year will have a sequence where they highlight their regdolls.

Dweez your not asking for much. The whole realistic deaths. Its just that the programmers are too lazy. I know they could do it.

Maybe not in multiplayer, but in single player there is plenty of room for that.

couple things

1600xp---------2800 Barton

256DDR2100---------512DDR3200

Radeon8500------------Radeon9700PRO

Same Mobo

TIME FOR SOME CHANGE BABY!

yeah my birthday is coming up at march 2nd so... get some money there eh?

NuT- :D

i am on 9... it took me so quick to get there.. easy game... this game would be good for an onliner

eh?

and the requirements lie

i have way! lower requirements

and it runs fine

NuT- ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Homer,Jan 28 2004, 10:54 AM] THX are you bypassing a bunch of bad guys?

yes. its easier that way. i havent even seen a buggy. i went in the small boat from the start then went right and drove around the island a little bit. Then i just went up the hill. :oB)

the buggy is so 1337 its fun!

To get to the buggy... when u start out go left a long while untill u see a diffrent beach then the 1 with all the guys on it and the buggys there..

its uber 1337!

NuT- :o