Your computer have enough guts?

Birdman

(edited)

If she wont work make sure u meet or beat the requirements.

Computer: 1 GHz CPU

Memory: 256 MB RAM

Operating System: Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP

Video Card: Geforce 4 MX, Geforce 3 or higher

Drive Space: 582Mb hard drive space

DirectX 9.0b must be installed

Nvidia based cards must have : ForceWare drivers 53.03

ATI based cards must have: Catalyst drivers 3.9

Oh and AA is broke for most cards.

So go ahead and disable that.

Edited by Birdman

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is what I've got:

CPU-Barton 2500

HD-80 gb 8mb cache

Vid Card-Nvidia TI4200

Memory-1gb

Directx 9b installed

Nvidia 53.03 driver installed

And the only thing I see when it starts is- What appears to be blue sky, compass in lower left corner, boat icon beside that, crosshairs, & health & weapon status on lower right hand corner. When I use the mouse to look around the compass gyrates but it still looks like I'm looking at the blue sky. :unsure:

(edited)
ATI based cards must have: Catalyst drivers 3.9

works fine for me using the 3.1 Cat's still...(I'm lazy)

this game RULEZ!

I have played through it 3 times now and each time have gone a totally different route to the top...well once you get to a certain point you must go the same way...but other than that the freeform is sweet. Plus I still haven't gone to the left of the island and tried that.

I tried FOREVER to get up the right side of the island but the chopper kept getting me. Then FINALLY I left my boat...swam FOREVER found a place to climb the steep hills under cover and was literally 10 feet from the crest when the chopper just came from NOWHERE and killed me with one shot....I could tell the chopper movements aren't too realistic...they'll be going one way then the next second be going a totally opposite way at full speed...but hey it's a demo

I'm uploading my screenies now...did you guys find the silenced MP5? Once I got that stealth was no problem at all. I even took out the first whole island of enemies using only my knife and them only firing a couple shots...

btw I'm playing on Medium with adaptive AI.

*edit*

btw my pc ran it absolutely no problems, great fps and loads amazingly fast for what I was expecting.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

screenies

panoramic view. <-- the peninsula in the middle of the screen is where I was climbing steep walls. Where the grass gets greener at the top there is where the chopper got me.

the first island you can get to. I already took out the men on it.

over 800 meters from the spot I started at. (look at the binoculars readout) Until you play it you can't imagine the SIZE of this map

see the little yellow barrel on the dock to the right of the boat? I could pull out my sniper rifle and blow it up (it's a gas tank) from 700 meters away.

an attack chopper. Don't mess with em...I never took one out.

walking through the middle of the jungle far away from any path and I run across this. No purpose other than to make the game cool.

another pointless gorgeous view. This game just calls out "TAKE A SCREENIE!". Those islands in the center are where you start...I travelled that far.

unsuspecting victim about to be sniped.

that smoke trail is my rocket I fired. Took nearly 7 seconds to get to the boat from my position.

After my rocket FINALLY got there I notice two other smoke trails coming my way...rockets fired at me. One hit behind me and deafened me and shook me so bad my next screenie was screwed up

right before I died. I hit those choppers with all 3 rockets and didn't see em go down.

Things I enjoyed about this game?

The SIZE of the level...just wow.

The ability to go ANYWHERE. (nearly)

The different selection of weapons (pistol, Colt, MP5, P90, Sniper, Rocket Launcher and knife)

The sounds. The jungle sounds...the sounds of distant fire on the beaches after you've sniped someone and the enemy is trying to figure out what to do....the way you get deafened or shocked when taking massive hits or falling too far.

this game rules.

I will be buying this game when it comes out.

Ok. I got it workin'. Uninstalled all my old vid card drivers and did a clean install of them.

This game is awesome. Still tryin' to get my mouse sensitivity set just right.

I'm lookin' forward to buyin' this one when it comes out. :=

my computer does not have enough meat... eh i need new comp

i have

1600XP Overclocked at 1800

256 2100DDR

Radeon 8500 (better then 9000) way better

Asus a7v-333 Mobo

It dosent work

but my new comp is gonna be

2800 Barton 333fsb

512 3200DDR

Radeon 9800XT

And my mobo can stand the new stuff...

NuT- B)

So it just doesnt work?

Or is just slow?

cause your card does direct x 8 and thats what this game uses mostly.

That machine should run the game at 800x600 with some features turned on.

ANd your right the 8500 is faster than the 9000, in fact its faster than a 9600non-pro(in everything that doesnt use direct x 9 features).

the MP5 is in an underground bunker that seems like barracks...it's exit (or entrance I guess) is near the very top of the mountain...and it's entrance is in the middle after you climb the steps...

I'll try to get screenies to show ya.

it's DEAD silent

bah...just went through and took screenies but none of them saved...bleh

anyway...after you get up the steps near some old rusted pipes...you can take the path left or right...right leads to two guys in a concrete circle thing and left leads to the underground barracks with the silenced MP5 (it's totally silent which leads me to believe they didn't have time to put the silenced sound in the demo)

as for the recoil...if you right click you aim down the site of the gun which moves your aiming slower but increases your accuracy

did it with 800X600 and yes it works fine! yes i am on part 8 and dont know what to do i get into the building but it does not let me on through the next door?

NuT- :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: :ph34red: :ph34red: :ph34red:

Glad to here it works a lil better.

As for the fella with the G4 MX id say you need to upgrade.

Direct X 8 came out a long time ago and everygame that uses direct x 8 you havent been able to take advantage of, which sucks. Direct X 9 games arent too far away and you might as well get ready for that. You can get a cheap ATI direct X 9 card for 80 dollars so theres no excuse not to see some of the effects coming up in games like Farcry. Even if it is in 800x600.