EoD v.3 beta

Crowbar

Eve of Destruction is currently doing a closed beta for the next version. Hopefully it will be released to the public soon. Fileplanet subscribers can participate in the beta. Here's what Gamespy says about it.

FilePlanet and Founder’s Club Subscribers are invited to help beta test the next version of the popular Eve of Destruction Mod. Built upon the powerful Battlefield: 1942 engine, the Eve of Destruction Mod recreates the battles of the Vietnam War and captures the feeling of the era. Only Fileplanet subscribers can download the 0.3 beta and play on dedicated GameSpy Arena servers three days before the public release!

Eve of Destruction Beta 3 Features:

New weapons

Awesome new vehicles

Tons of changes and fixes

Tweaks to vehicles and gameplay

Improved Statistics

Map modifications

New graphical changes

and tons more!

No other conflict was that controversal and pointed to an unloved fact: not our enemy is the only source of evil, the evil can be found within ourselves. The "Eve Of Destruction" mod is a tribute to the U.S. , ARVN and Vietcong/NVA soldiers who fought and died in Vietnam, and also to the Vietnamese people.

Well, 3 days and you all can play it. I, alas, must wait.

if you was a fileplanet subscriber you could download it all this week, but it was released to the public today. I remember when there was about an equal amount of EoD and DC servers, maybe .3 will get it popular again. Back when both of the Mods were in the early stages and being developed at about the same pace, EoD was waaayyy better than DC. I still have the DC .2 install :yuck:

Edited by NOFX

holy crap, this is my third time downloading the game. The first time, I started one down and found a faster one, so i cancelled the first one. So when I go to install the file is only 21.9Megs!!!! Second time I accidently closed the download window at 60% and it didnt resume!!! Now im at 54% and prayin it will finish this time.

i was downloading it and my pc randomly rebooted at 98% cause i overclock.

SIKE!!!

sorry i dont have a link this time, but this is one of the patches that acually improves a game in a world of patches that take skill and fun outa most games.