sick terrorists

YoMamma

im sure you all heard about the latest terrorist attack in Madrid, Spain which killed 200 people and wounded 1,500. There are links that show al Qaeda was probably behind the attack.

This attack is being called Europe's 9/11.

But what I just learned today was that this attack happen on 3/11 and it also happened to take place 911 days after the Sept 11 attacks in the States.

My prayers to the people of Madrid.

(edited)

Didn't Schwartzkoff have a comment like that?

Ah, guess he didn't originally say it but he liked it so much he used it for a comment against Osama.

From a transcript of the 8 February 2003 show of Meet The Press and in answer to a question presented by Tim Russert of NBC News:
MR. RUSSERT: General Schwarzkopf, how important is it that we capture Osama bin Laden?

GEN. SCHWARZKOPF: Well, I think it’s important only because the man on the street in the Middle East, you know, believes that he -- a lot of people believe that he is on the right track and that he is some sort of a folk hero and that sort of thing. And I think it’s necessary to bring him down, one way or another. I will confess to you that, you know, one of the statements that’s been attributed to me that I’m sort of proud of is somebody said, you know, "What do we do about Osama bin Laden?" And they asked me, "Can we forgive him?" And I said, "Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." And that’s the way I feel about him, really.

http://www.snopes.com/military/norman.htm

Edited by dwEEziL

Well I finally have a moment to post up... sorry I haven't been as nearly as active in the forums as I used to be, but this new job sucks and I don't have a lot of time to play on the internet anymore... I actually gotta do work. SHEESH!

anyway, Nyx:

Check any news forum CNN.com or what not. a series of like 10 bombs were triggered almost simultaneously on four different trains in Madrid. lots dead... many many more injured. I really like Spain. Its the only place in Europe I've been so far. The scary thing is there's not alot a government can do to protect a "soft target" like a train system... to apply Airport security to a mass transit system would cripple the system.

About the quote I believe Patton had a similar quote...

"No Son of A B____ ever won a <gosh-darn> war by dying for his country... you win wars by making the OTHER Son of a B____ die for theirs."

...err, it goes something like that... I wish they had paraphrase quotation marks.

My thoughts and prayers to the victims. and their families. The processional they had in the streets the other night was really cool though. Nice to see millions of people stand together like that.... very powerful message.