$199 9800 Pro

As reported on HardOCP Best Buy has the 9800 Pro for $199. I just went to my local one and they were also sold out. They said they were getting some in on Friday.

I took a trip out today to check into video card prices and several ATI deals caught my eye. Comp USA has the ATI Radeon 9800Pro AIW for sale at $250.00. Best Buy did have the 9800Pro for $199.00 after all the rebates. Best Buy did not have stock on the item though, and only showed a very few on the way in. Circuit City had nothing of interest. Also, everyone was sold out of Battlefield-Viet Nam. The sales associate at Circuit City told me, "We don't usually get new games."  NewEgg has 9800Pros for as low as $212.00 with free shipping.

stop tempting me... im trying to hold out for a bit but under 200 !!!!!

side note - CeBit show is tomm. I'm betting a few new things will be introduced that will be nice. Whether they are shown private/public doesnt matter, its means they have new working hardware ready to roll out and i like to hear that with R420's soon to arrive :)

/goes back to counting pennies in the upgrade jar.

If I can get one Friday at BB I'm buying it.

Then another 512mb RAM, pair of Raptors.....

I did get a "Sandisk Cruzer Mini 256mb" USB flash drive last night at CompUSA for $40. It's very cool, works like a charm. Plug it in and there it is in Explorer.

Last night a buddy and me went to the new Fry's built in the 'burbs here recently and my Geek-O-Meter pegged. But I didn't buy anything there.

just how good is the 9800?

i gave up on my ati cause a few games wouldnt display correctly.

when I went to the games sites. I found all kinds of crud on ATI's bad behavior. After my 8500le I vowed to never buy another no matter if they had the horsepower over nvidia.

So I bought a nvidia and blammo ALL my games work.

However perhaps it was a 8500 thing.

is the 9800 work flawlessly?

Aug

Hehe i hope it never ends... What will happen then??? Will i start buying large leisure equipment?? Start wanting to over clock my lawn mower?? If the lawn mower starts to run hot i put a big heat sink on it, nerds driving by honk at me.. If it ends for me ill be dead..

Homer,Mar 18 2004, 09:20 PM] I know the Catalyst 4.3 drivers that were just released fixed some issues that some were having in BF1942.  I can't wait to see what BF Vietnam, Farcry Demo, and CoD look like with this thing.

Farcry will blow your mind.

You got UT2k3?

I just need to amp up my memory and get some sata drives....

This is where I'm headed next Wilco. Did you ever disable Cool & Quiet? It gives me a 9% boost without it. And did you ever overclock? It really is free performance just sitting there. If you do both you'll probably get ~30% overall gain. :wub:

Try going to Scion and configuring one of their models, then go to the Interiors section and check out their LED Enhancements. lol

I'd say Farcry had the FPS with the Ti4600, but the 9800 Pro has the FPS and image quailty. I could say the same thing about BFV.

Homer,Mar 19 2004, 11:48 AM] I was thinking what Batman said....  Did you see the cupholder or the footwell lighting in the xB model?

ah.

no i didnt.

But I do love the xB models.

I saw a riced out version of the xB the other day and actually liked it a lot.

The orange paint version is sweet.

I would buy it if I needed a car and had the money.

Homer,Mar 19 2004, 09:16 AM]
I just need to amp up my memory and get some sata drives....

This is where I'm headed next Wilco. Did you ever disable Cool & Quiet? It gives me a 9% boost without it. And did you ever overclock? It really is free performance just sitting there. If you do both you'll probably get ~30% overall gain. :wub:

No CnQ is still going....and I still have not ventured into overclocking....the MSI board i believe is a little more made for stability than oc'ing...but I did read some stuff on the MSI forums that is encouraging. When i do it ill be sure to bench it.

Im going newegging soon to buy my Sata drive(s). Probably in a couple of weeks as long as the prices is right.

Read the installation for C&Q, I think you just go into BIOS and disable it and ACPI 2.0 something or other, and then change the power setting from within Windows and it is off. Add ~9% performance.

The MSI should OC fine I would think, can you bump your FSB in 1 or 3mhz increments?

Yea i can bump it in small increments either by way of bios or a program called core center which allows for the change from windows. Peopel are right down the middle on the msi boards as to which way is better....so ill see whats best for me.

Farcry will blow your mind.

You got UT2k3?

Played Farcry today. Runs exceptionaly well on my 4600. Can't imagine what it would look like on the 9800Pro. Your gunna be loving. BTW, I reccomend the game, its already turning out very good from what I have played already in the single player mode.

Don't waste ur time on UT2k3, Just pick up 2k4, Played it also and its INSANE. Wish I had a better comp tho to run it with higher quality :( .