Questions on Friendship and Life

Guest Orbital

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Hello,

Haha, I'm not at school today because I have a fever, and of course I'm bored, so i'd like to ask you guys a question or two about friendship and friends.

Okay, here's the scenerio:

There are two friends (A) and , who only hung out with each other all summer long. They did just about everything together all summer long, and became close friends and all that good stuff. But, when school starts, there's this person who doesn't have any friends ©, so he decides to hang out with one of the friends from summer (A) [The summer friend feels pity for this kid.] But, as the weeks go by, the summer friend (A) starts to hang out with this new kid© more and more, and just ignores everyone else that is near n' dear to him. The other friend from summer, who doesn't get to see his close bud a lot anymore because of the new kid©, gets frustrated [That's me] because he doesn't want to be a **** about anything, because it's his life(A), and he realizes that he can't always depend on people.

So, my question is, what do you think of the scenrio?

[if you haven't guessed, I'm the kid who kind of has been pushed aside.]

It's not like I don't hang out with other friends, don't get me wrong, I'm not going to defend myself online or anything about how many friends I have, but when people get close to you, you sort of question their thoughts and decisions sometimes because, I guess you care?

The more and more the other friend (A) hangs out with the new kid ©, the more and more he realizes that everything he wanted to do with the friend seems to fade away, he doesn't want to go to the same college [uCSD] anymore because he realizes he'll have to deal with lil' kids, but I'm just confused about lots of things. So, MmMMm.. I'd like your opinions.

I am Kid B.

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

It's a friend of mine, I am not dating him, and I hope to never date a male. :huh:

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

Ive been pushed aside and ignored by a bunch of friends also... Its tough and i miss them but i guess i got over it with time.

ever heard of the 3 amigos?

3 musketeers?

3 blind mice?

3's company?

:)

get where I'm going?

also...while a friendship is a two way ordeal...if it's a friendship worth anything it's not worth giving up because one side isn't putting his share in...(meaning, work at making him see the problem)

however, it could just be a situation where you need to move on

*sigh*

friends suck...I'm learning to love being by myself more...I used to have a HUGE collection of great friends...now I'm realizing that most of them aren't true friends...just close acquaintences

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

I don't want to go to college and forget everyone I know and care about, and that's what scares me about this, the more and more I think about it, the more I want to just leave this town, it's just... I don't think I want to be here anymore [except for being with my parents]. I don't know what else there is to offer, I just want to go. So, that's why I sort of asked this question. ANd, G0oters is the bestest, anyone who disses goOters.. will deal with me <_< Haha. g00t is the best! [sorry to get off topic]

Oh MAN fatty!! That was a SHOT!!

Bang zoom!!!

However, on the topic of dating another male ... don't knock it until you've tried it.

For example, I'm not "happy" .. but a member of Mmmm is. I'm SWORN to secrecy on who it is, but let's just say his name rhymes with "Winnie Wee" . . .

But you didn't hear it from me .... pass it on ....

I don't want to go to college and forget everyone I know and care about, and that's what scares me about this, the more and more I think about it, the more I want to just leave this town, it's just... I don't think I want to be here anymore [except for being with my parents]. I don't know what else there is to offer, I just want to go. So, that's why I sort of asked this question. ANd, G0oters is the bestest, anyone who disses goOters.. will deal with me  <_< Haha. g00t is the best! [sorry to get off topic]

Lifes a revolving door with people comin and going throughout your life.What makes me lol is what we call friends.I hear this all the time from players here that we're all friends but thats not true we're nothing more than a bunch of guys that play a game,some we get along with others we dont but thats it.Same goes for life if you think your good friends with every person you spend a summer with your gonna go through most of your life feelin betrayed and tinkled because it just not like that.In fact most peeps choose there friends by situation and when that situation changes most often so do your friends.As kids we outgrow people very quickly and as adults we find ourselves not even letting ourselves get close enough to outgrow others.Ask any person thats been out of school for id say 10 yrs hell even 5 they dont see or talk to people they used to when in hs.Id be willing to bet that you will keep maybe 3 to 5 at the most that you see and go out with on a reg. thing and as a guy even less that you share feelins with and problems.Im not talkin seein peeps at the ocasional party and havin a good time with,those arent friends those are (and im gonna screw this word up bad) friendly aquatinces.This is what ive learned in my 32 yrs take it how you want.

actually Kurtz, gonna hafta disagree slightly there...

I've been out of school for 4 years and I still see 90% of the main group of my high school buddies every day...

so a true friend stays with you in my opinion....

I think kurtz is getting at the fact that people come and go all the time and that the masses of people that you know are not really your friends but more just ppl you know. As you grow older, that large group of 50 "friends" that you used to go hang out with cuts down. It keeps getting smaller and smaller and you'll soon realize who your REAL friends are.

Some are fortunate to have long lasting friendships. My inner circle consists of people I've hung out with for the past 15 or so years and it's only a couple of guys.

Your friend is someone you care about and they care about you as well. Not just your hobbies and your interests but you as a person. They respect your opinions, come to you for guidance from time to time and you do the same. A friend is an extension of your family, i.e. your half-brother/half-sister.

Those who feel that they have 100 "close friends" are lying. And if they don't believe me, they will at some point in their lives.

Wow HS I remember that. I had about 80 "friends" in HS. Now with that behind me after my first year out and in college in another state I had talked to maybe 3 of them. :/

I actually only have one person I would call "friend". A guy who calls you at 2am b/c he knows your up and wants to go hang out for awhile and talk about things that don't mean squat. HS means nada to me now. Sure it was fun at the time, but I look back 5 years later and realize what a wonderful waste of preciouse time it was. They should cut it out completely. Everything I learned in HS they decided they had to reteach in college. So what was the point. And back on topic. You learn that all your "friends" in HS were mostly "just close acquaintences" as Playaa/Pselus said.

Finally don't get yourself down. You're gonna meet new people that you both like and hate. Maybe A and C just mesh well together? So just take it easy B there's alot to learn still and plenty of "friends" to make.

Guest boomstick
Guest boomstick
Guest boomstick
Guests

take this for instance

Life solved by Psuedo Code

if(Summer)

{

A + B == Friends;

C = null;

}

Else DoNothing;

if (SchoolYear)

{

LocalVar C = n00b;

if (A + C == friends)

{

B = null;

}

else DoNothing;

}

if (SchoolYear && B = null)

{

init D = newfriend;

B + D == Friends;

A = null;

C = null;

B == HappyAgain

}

else return 0;

man i have the same problem, or there abouts. i had an amazing group of friends all year and summer. i ve known them all like 4 years and we all been great friends. but when i broke up with my gf at the time, things got poopty and whatnot. and now my best friend ends up with her and im like shunned out of the group of friends. but i mean u gotta learn to deal. i know they coming back, but im sure as hell not gunna go whine to them asking them to allow me back in their group or w.e, they know where im at if they want a friend. i mean ive met knew people n poop, im considered popular, but i end up hanging out with kids who arent so much, i enjoy their company a hell of alot more. they arent fake, and u know they will be there for u whenever u need it. so my advice, give it time and dont fret over it. honestly, things will start going your way.